Anybody done a DietBet? I'm doing one!

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
I've been hearing about DietBet.com for a while. It's like the tried and true office pool. Everyone puts in X dollars and the biggest loser takes all. Except, with DIetBet, everyone who completes the goal (lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks) gets a portion of the pot. If the entry is $20 and 100 people sign up, the pot is $2000. If half the people meet the goal, they share the pot (winning about $40 each). So everyone who meets the goal gets rewarded

Here is the link to the one I'm in. The entry is $25. It starts on March 12th. Want to join me?

http://bit.ly/Y0mAqV

Replies

• jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just signed up! Thank you for posting, I had never heard of anything like that before. I think 4% is outside my comfort level of weight loss in 4 weeks but I'm up for the challenge. Good luck Julie, let's see what we can accomplish in the next 4 weeks!

37490816.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    Just signed up! Thank you for posting, I had never heard of anything like that before. I think 4% is outside my comfort level of weight loss in 4 weeks but I'm up for the challenge. Good luck Julie, let's see what we can accomplish in the next 4 weeks!

37490816.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I'm a little nervous about 4% (about 12 pounds for me), but I decided to give it a shot! Glad you joined!
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    this sounds awesome. Just curious how do they know each person is honest about reaching the goal?
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    this sounds awesome. Just curious how do they know each person is honest about reaching the goal?

When I first heard about this, that was my first question. Honestly, people can cheat the system. But they'd have to go through a lot of work to do it.

Here is how they say they prevent cheating:
    We have a photo review process in which players submit proof of their initial and final weights to our team of Referees. We also have algorithms that detect unusual activity within a game or across games and use an auditing system where some players may be required to submit extra proof of their weight loss using: a Skype weigh-in with one of our Referees, a video weigh-in, or an in-person weigh-in at a location pre-approved by DietBet, such as a Walgreens or CVS clinic. If requested, you will have to submit further proof of your weight within 24 hours. Since weights fluctuate naturally, we allow up to 1% of your final weight as variance. Failure to comply will result in disqualification and forfeiture of your winnings and initial bet. You may also be banned from playing again and subject to other penalties