I'm a newby

Options
tanyab222
tanyab222 Posts: 16 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm a newby to the group, but, have had fibro (and everything associated with it...and then some!) all my life. Was diagnosed in 2006. I would like to continue to lose weight, however, I do struggle with the whole calorie counting thing. I also have IBS which makes it that much more difficult to start chowing down on fiber filled fun foods! With winter, I'm much less able to be active as everything hurts way worse right now (and I'm grieving the loss of my mother). I also have degeneration in my lumbar spine, tarlov cysts in my lumbar spine, CFS,some foot/ankle/knee issues, and much more...needless to say it makes it hard to really keep active. But that doesn't stop me from seeing the beautiful things in life! (Like the sun was shining today WOOHOO!) I hope to get motivated more and would love more friends to help me with this especially people who understand my struggles with Fibro and other chronic pain issues! Take care and gentle hugs to everyone! Tanya B.:happy :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• ifrog3n1
    ifrog3n1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    sending a pal request . =) I see we're both Illinoisians too. I don't have fibro, but i so have arthritis & chronic back pain. It does make it hard to get up & get moving, but i just try to keep the slimmer, healthier me in my mind's eye.
    <><
  • namitchell04
    Options
    Hi I only joined this group a few days ago too. I also have Fibro and IBS as well as Ehlers danlos syndrome.
    I know how much harder it all makes the 'what to eat?' and being active, but you can do it, just differently to others. Hang in there :)
  • creaky_girl
    creaky_girl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm an EDS bendy too, along with fibro, POTS and some other gubbins. It's nice to find another EDS person, I didn't think I would!

I have IBS symptoms, but it isn't IBS it's actually the EDS causing the problems - if your IBS meds don't feel like they are working it might be worth investigating - apparently it's really common to be misdiagnosed as it's the same problem but different cause - IBS makes it go crampy whereas EDS makes it go floopy, if you see what I mean! Obviously I've got no idea about your body and your circumstances but I thought I'd mention it as wat I thought was IBS for years and the meds never really helped turned out not to be!

x
  • namitchell04
    Options
    HI Creaky girls, sent you a request. There are actually a few EDS friends on here so you're far from alone.