Have any of you done the 5k training app?

Options
lizpirate
lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
Hi everyone! I just started with Zombies, Run! today and had a ball. Managed not to get caught on any of the chases, but it was a near thing on the last one. Next time I will go somewhere a little less hilly.

I noticed on the website that the 5K training app takes place after the first standard game mission. I was thinking of getting it and working through those stories before I keep going with the regular app, but I can already run 5 kilometers, so wasn't sure if it'd be worth it. Any thoughts?

Thanks and I look forward to sharing the Zombie experience with you! Runner 5 out. :)

Replies

• agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good. I will say this is the first 5k app I have used. I don't like that I don't earn any items for Abel on the game though.

It seems strange to me at times. You stop running or walking and do things like heel lifts, squats or knee raises. That might be normal for all I know though. It's helped me build up my endurance that's for sure.
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'll download it and use it for lighter workouts on days I don't have the energy to outrun the hordes. :) Probably good to do some stretching/strength training as well!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm actually using it for C25k training - but with shin splints at the moment I've not been doing any running. I love the storyline! Well worth downloading
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'll download it and use it for lighter workouts on days I don't have the energy to outrun the hordes. :) Probably good to do some stretching/strength training as well!

On those days, if you turn off zombie chases the app will assume you manage to outrun anything (at least it seems that way to me) and you can still complete missions. That's what I do.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Okay, I just did my first Zombie 5K session. How do I make it sync with Zombielink? Or does it not do that? When I click the 5K Training tab on my profile I get a prompt to buy the 5K app, which I've already done. :(
  • Bob_Sutton
    Bob_Sutton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It does sync with ZombieLink. On the iPhone there is a gear in the bottom left corner to enter the settings menu and there is a section to log in with your ZombieLink account.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    It's the same on the Android one, and I tried that, but it still didn't sync. But now that I knew it was supposed to, I went to Zombielink's support section and read their troubleshooting tips on what to do when it's not syncing properly, and followed their directions. Everything is now as it should be.

I hope I won't have to restart my phone after every Zombie 5K session though! :)
  • no1belongs
    no1belongs Posts: 156
    Options
    i downloaded the c25k and i love it im so excited to go running now.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been running about two years now, and still enjoyed going through the ZR5K training. The first few weeks, I jogged the walk portions and sprinted during the run portions, but as time went on, I switched to running on hillier terrain, so I welcomed some walk breaks.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I used the zr5k trainer and while I could usually run more than they said to in the beginning, i just followed along for an easier workout. Now I can already run 5 miles without stopping and I haven't finished the 5k trainer, but I will. I like someones idea of jogging the walk and pushing it for the "run" portions. I may try that next time. :) The stories are fun, too. I also think you should be able to get supplies, thought. at least for the trainings when you "leave camp".
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm using the 5k & haven't been able to sync to Zombielink, even following instructions. My 3rd workout in a different state finally synced today (ran it in February) and the first two workouts only synced when I left my home area. I'm sure today's run will upload one day...maybe. I turned Endomondo on as well during today's training just so that I'd have stats to look at.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have to log out of zombie link and log back in, then sync for it to load my latest runs.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    I have to log out of zombie link and log back in, then sync for it to load my latest runs.

This works for me as well.
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options

This is so brilliant in its simplicity. Thank you!!