SOS: Shout out Sundays 3/10/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
So what did you learn this week? What new or reminder for life, health and fitness you discovered?
Anything in this week's challenges make you think? Try harder? Tweak or change your thinking?

No judgement just discovering and saying out loud our victories loses and learning battles that will win in the future!

Peace,
WW
PS- we discussed the sequestration and the budget cuts in our society now and how this will affect us and how purchase of groceries and still eating healthy, you got a calendar of old skool exercises to get you fit for the summer, and staying connected which helps us in our mental health...plus we directly become examples for people when we are around them.

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, this week I learned that no matter how hard I try to figure something out, someone will get me frustrated just when I think I've got it figured out because they disagree with the method, the idea, or the result. I know they are trying to help, but I often just feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. And they don't get that this is why I tend to give up: because something is not working, I am trying to find something that will and they keep pushing me back to what is already not working... but do it this way.
    On the plus side, sometimes the more people I talk to the more likely I will have someone that will get a lightbulb to go off in my head, which happened this weekend.

As for exercise, I'm thinking I need to go to the kids section of walmart or target, I keep seeing these commercials for something I remember from growing up, I don't remember what it's called, but it has a ring that goes around your ankle with a hose attached to a ball that you skip over with your other foot as you make it circle around the ankle with the ring on it....fun way to exercise in a small space.
  • garlic7girl
    Options

As for exercise, I'm thinking I need to go to the kids section of walmart or target, I keep seeing these commercials for something I remember from growing up, I don't remember what it's called, but it has a ring that goes around your ankle with a hose attached to a ball that you skip over with your other foot as you make it circle around the ankle with the ring on it....fun way to exercise in a small space.

OMG! Yes! I remember! Wasn't it skip 'n' something? Oh if you find it let me know bc I will buy it because I need something like that too! I did the hula hoop for 15 min and almost passed out!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I learned that My energy levels are severely different nearing "shark week" and I really do have to adjust my type of exercises and that is okay! I need to be okay with that! I usu beat myself up but the weakness is so bad hard to go BEAST mode but as long as I try...
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I learned I can have self-control when it comes to my eating.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I have self control but I also learned how much of my diet invovled simple carbs - a lot more than I thought. And that I still struggle eating more than 1000 calories. It's way too easy for me to eat less than that and I still have to work to eat more. :blushing:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options

OMG! Yes! I remember! Wasn't it skip 'n' something? Oh if you find it let me know bc I will buy it because I need something like that too! I did the hula hoop for 15 min and almost passed out!
    I'll let you know when I find out, everyone keeps telling me to use a hula hoop, but every time I try, I can't get it to work right. The movement you need doesn't work for me anymore (my dance friend said I will have to relearn how to do it because of the bellydancing, apparently the isolation I have affects my hula hooping ability)
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I learned this week that something I hated in the past (running) can actually be enjoyable if I give it a second chance and try it in a different way (outdoors instead of a treadmill).

I'll let you know when I find out, everyone keeps telling me to use a hula hoop, but every time I try, I can't get it to work right. The movement you need doesn't work for me anymore (my dance friend said I will have to relearn how to do it because of the bellydancing, apparently the isolation I have affects my hula hooping ability)

Was it Skip-It? I had one when I was a kid and I was obsessed with it. I don't think they make the brand anymore, but after doing a search I found these: http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Sports-Swing-Ball-Set/dp/B0013OIHMU
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I actually saw a commercial for Skip-It the other day, I don't think the brand is in stores but it is coming back via special order.

I've been mostly depressed this past week, breaking out into tears for what seems like no reason. I know that I need to start working out again even if it's just 5 situps a day. I think that will help with the depression.