JM 30 day shred starting 3/11/13

Decided to start Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred tomorrow! I am excited and nervous, but I am going to do it. I am starting at level 1 for 10 days. Level 2 for 10 days and Level 3 for 10 days. I have had this DVD for a while and now I am actually gonna use it. Anyone want to start with me or anyone doing it now and have any tips? My walking buddy is going to do it with me after school and or walk each day. I am feeling good about this. I plan on measuring and having my start weight and measurements on here. Any and everyone that wants to join me let me know. We can keep eachother going!

Replies

• BlueEyedAngel0468
    BlueEyedAngel0468 Posts: 5 Member
    I started 30 day shred Wednesday March 6th ! I did day 1 and day 2 then Friday my parents came up and left today so I missed friday and Saturday but starting day 3 back up tonight! I have had the DVD for a while just never did it ! Lazy I guess but my husband will be home in 2 months from a very long deployment dunno why I waited this long to start but at least I'm starting ! I have looked at so many before and after pictures and I am so motivate ! I hope I get the same results ! My biggest problem is my waist area!
  • I'll start with you..... i have never made it past level 1 :ohwell:
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    I started this past week as well. I am doing that along with The Biggest Loser last chance workouts. Hopefully things slow down a bit so I have time to actually get to go to the gym.
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    I started the 30 Day Shred earlier in February. I'm currently on Level 3 Day 6! It's a tough workout but after you finish you feel great :) There has been days where I had set my mind on not doing it but went ahead and did it anyway and I was so glad I did! I too, did 10 days on each level. After level 1 I stopped for about a week because I had a lot of issues with my little one but I got back on and continued it. My biggest piece of advice? Try not to skip a day. It's designed to do it everyday and even if you are sore just work through it! I've noticed for me if I miss a day it's that much harder the next time and also to get that motivation back.

Good luck, I hope you like it!!!
  • That awesome ladies! I am looking forward to starting and seeing a change hopefully. I ll probably have to do it in the afternoon for the next week or two because I have class and finals. Great job to all that have been doing it. It is more then what I have lol.
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    That awesome ladies! I am looking forward to starting and seeing a change hopefully. I ll probably have to do it in the afternoon for the next week or two because I have class and finals. Great job to all that have been doing it. It is more then what I have lol.

I'm so glad you posted this thread! Who knew we were all doing the same workout :)
  • magpie82
    magpie82 Posts: 1
    Hi my 30DS arrived today, I plan on starting tomorrow though as I do a pole dancing class on Monday evenings.
    Am hoping you all don't mind me joining in, I have desperately been searching for a group who is doing this and who are all starting at a similar time.
    I feel it will help a lot with my motivation Knowing there are people going through this with me.
    Is anyone following any particular diet plan along side 30DS??
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    I started mid Feb & halfway through level 2. Stick with it & do what you can. I had some skip days here & there. I still enjoy as tough as it & KNOWING it only takes 20 min helps. I would suggest taking measurements. Both my husband & I are doing it & did measurements after 2 weeks & seeing changes already. Clothes are fitting better too. I did see a 2 lb gain first week in my weight. But it came off the 2nd week & more. After reading what others said, it is pretty normal to see a gain.
  • Thats awesome ladies! I am getting ready to go walk to dog then come back and do it. I love knowing we are all in this together. I ll post measurements and probably complain about it when I am done lol Keep up the good work!

This is the beginning of a new wonderful healthy life for all of us!
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    I started and then let myself get distracted, so I am starting again today. I definitely feel it while I'm doing it, but not so much once I'm done.
  • BlueEyedAngel0468
    Just did day 3! I might do level 2 tomorrow for 3 days then do level 3 for 3 days then back to level 1 through out the whole thing. I'm actually getting tried of doing level 1 already or should I just hold off and just wait till day 10 to change level ?
  • Thats great! I say if you can do more then do! Dont hurt yourself though. I wasnt able to do the work out today. I walked and came home to do the DVD and my DVD player is broken!!! I am going to look the actually exercises up and do them myself with my HIIT timer on my phone tomorrow. I Promise to all of you I will be doing this tomorrow! Those of you who did it today... Fantastic JOB!!! I am proud of you!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Thats great! I say if you can do more then do! Dont hurt yourself though. I wasnt able to do the work out today. I walked and came home to do the DVD and my DVD player is broken!!! I am going to look the actually exercises up and do them myself with my HIIT timer on my phone tomorrow. I Promise to all of you I will be doing this tomorrow! Those of you who did it today... Fantastic JOB!!! I am proud of you!

The 30 day shred is on youtube!
  • Mommy4812
    Just did day 3! I might do level 2 tomorrow for 3 days then do level 3 for 3 days then back to level 1 through out the whole thing. I'm actually getting tried of doing level 1 already or should I just hold off and just wait till day 10 to change level ?

I would do more of level one to help build up you endurance more because level two sucks!
  • Mommy4812
    I started mid Feb & halfway through level 2. Stick with it & do what you can. I had some skip days here & there. I still enjoy as tough as it & KNOWING it only takes 20 min helps. I would suggest taking measurements. Both my husband & I are doing it & did measurements after 2 weeks & seeing changes already. Clothes are fitting better too. I did see a 2 lb gain first week in my weight. But it came off the 2nd week & more. After reading what others said, it is pretty normal to see a gain.

^This. I gained 2lbs. the first couple of day then was back down by the end of the week. And definitely take measurements because you will see more of a difference in inches lost than on the scale.
  • Thats great! I say if you can do more then do! Dont hurt yourself though. I wasnt able to do the work out today. I walked and came home to do the DVD and my DVD player is broken!!! I am going to look the actually exercises up and do them myself with my HIIT timer on my phone tomorrow. I Promise to all of you I will be doing this tomorrow! Those of you who did it today... Fantastic JOB!!! I am proud of you!

The 30 day shred is on youtube!

Thank you! I am gonna look that up! I will be doing it today come hell or high water lol
  • unsweetT
    unsweetT Posts: 3 Member
    I just started today!
  • BlueEyedAngel0468
    Day 4 so tired but I got up and did it!! I'm also doing standing abs and 6 weeks sexy arms workout that I fine on pinterest lol there is one that says you can lose so many inches off your wasit in2 weeks I might start tomorrow cause that is my biggest problem area! My legs are like my most easiest thing on my body to get toned lol I wish everything elas was like that
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Good luck ladies with 30DS. I did it from Feb 1 - Mar 7. I am also doing c25k, started Feb 1 as well.
    I am 5'10".
    I lost 10 pounds and 6.5" around my waist. Here is my result.
    1-30side_zps7a8fe318.jpg
  • unsweetT
    unsweetT Posts: 3 Member
    You look great! I love C25k. I did it last year until I had a foot injury. I am hoping to do it again after I complete 30DS. I am hoping it will up my endurance for the running.