Where is everyone?

Options
dstevens19
dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
I'm hoping this group stays active. I love conversing with people who live in my own city.

So... To get us involved, please answer this question: when you are eating healthy but want to go out, where do you go and what do you order?

Replies

• kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I usually like Sweet Tomatoes. There's a also a lot of places in Tempe around ASU (Tsom, Green Leaf, etc.) that are pretty healthy.

But now and then. It's just a Red Robin's kind of night!
  • dstevens19
    Options
    Funny you'd mention RR. My teens wanted to go there last weekend and I was afraid there wouldn't be anything I could eat. But I had French onion soup and a side salad. Perfect lunch and i was so proud of myself for staying with my plan!
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    They also do "petite" burgers. And I think protein style which is no bun and just lettuce. It's either Red Robin that does that or In N Out. Or both haha
  • kaseybill
    kaseybill Posts: 28
    Options
    I don't eat out much but if I do I go to Pita Jungle. You have to shop their Nut. facts though since I found that the veggie salad is their highest calorie salad!!! But if you get sauces on the side and order things custom you can eat very healthy.
  • dstevens19
    Options
    Kaseybill, I agree. You'd think Pita Jungle would be healthy but when I checked their site, everything's really high for my plan. I had a business mtg the other day and had to select something. Went with the grilled chicken salad, which is around 350 for HALF the salad and you don't even get a pita!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I like Yc's I can make my own stir frys with fresh ingredients. Also pita jungle, sweet tomatoe and woodlands (Vegetarian indian). I'm trying to cut back on the eating out so I have better control on my calories and sodium.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    YC's is also my favorite! So yummy too. :) I also love Pita Jungle and Sweet Tomatoes! Glad they are turning that disaster they did in Tempe back to normal so I don't have to drive to Chandler anymore. :-)
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love Pita Jungle, D'Lish, and Rumbis. Rumbis has a great grilled mahi mahi served with salad and brown rice!
  • dstevens19
    Options
    While I don't normally like fast food, I did build a great, low cal bowl at Chipotle recently. I love that they have a flyer with all the nutritional info available. CPK is another that publishes all their cou to, making it easier to plan ahead.
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    I am still new to the area and I don't usually eat out much... I can usually find something on a menu and stick to low-carb / calorie foods.
  • SewBethy
    SewBethy Posts: 16
    Options
    For a treat, I like to get a Protein-Style Double-Double Animal-Style at In-N-Out. It's reeeaaally messy, but fun!
  • dstevens19
    Options
    SewBethy, I don't know what that is but it sounds like you wouldn't want to eat that one out of your lap in the car :)
  • SewBethy
    SewBethy Posts: 16
    Options
    dstevens19, It's the double meat, double cheeseburger without the bun. They wrap it in big iceberg leaves to keep it all together. If you ask for "animal-style" they grill the meat with mustard, add sauteed onions, pickles and extra spread. Definitely not an "eat in the car" meal! :-)
  • dstevens19
    Options
    dstevens19, It's the double meat, double cheeseburger without the bun. They wrap it in big iceberg leaves to keep it all together. If you ask for "animal-style" they grill the meat with mustard, add sauteed onions, pickles and extra spread. Definitely not an "eat in the car" meal! :-)

Wow! When I really need a burger, I get it from a little shack on 16th St. At Osborn. It's a little high in cals for most days but if I gotta have it, I want one I really love. Some days are like that.

Overall, I'm trying not to eat fast food at all. I usually make an extra portion of dinner to take to lunch the next day. Also, I work in a hospital with an awesome cafeteria. We have many healthy choices and nutritional info is provided. We have a salad bar, Mongolian grill, made to order sandwiches, etc. I'm very fortunate.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    When it comes to eating out, I just make sure I know where first and then look at the nutritional values of their menu items. Thankfully most chain restaurants do this now. Red Robin, for instance, I discovered the Ensenada chicken platter...with only one chicken breast grilled with Mexican spices and a salad topped with ranch and salsa mixed together (and some tortilla strips) it's only 300 calories and amazing! It's those little gems I would never think to order but checking first helps. :)