Giving up Michonne?

Options
I thought giving Michonne up was a bad idea the moment he mentioned it. I can't believe Rick is even considering. I don't even care for her all that much, although she is growing on me but you just can't negotiate with terrrorists and he should know better.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Melvin step up in some way. Actually even the other guy that Daryl "befriended" could end up helping as well. There has to be a reason they showed everone outside the meeting getting along so well.

Oh and Andrea. I am so sick of that ***** I could jump in the tv and kick her butt myself.

Replies

• CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If the Governor would actually stick to the deal and it was really the only way to keep the whole group alive, it would still suck and be horrible, but I could see it being an option for Rick. But Rick is an idiot to even think about believing the Governor. It would be an insanely stupid move.

I really hope they're setting it up to show Rick change his mind about a new person. They've established the precedent pretty well that he will not risk his family/core group for outsiders. But has she become enough of an insider? Regardless, he would still be stupid to believe the Governor.

I think Andrea and Milton now see the Governor for the psychopath he is and will move against him. I also think they showed Milton/Hershel and Daryl and the other guy getting along to establish that the only problem here is the Governor, and for both Hershel and Milton to be able to influence the other people in their parties to not let this war happen. Oooohhh I want the Governor dead so badly.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think the Gov will kill Andrea to make them know he is serious, if you were in that situation and the guy has 70 people ready to come kill you and all you had to do to save your child is give up a woman you just met...You might think about it!

I think Milton will kill the Gov, he's seen that he is in fact crazy and that the people in the prison are just normal people who don't want anything to do with them.

As for Darryl, he will end up killing the guy he smoked with, they both understand what was about to happen. Just because they got along doesn't mean either of them will back off killing each other. I think it will just draw them to eachother in the battle!

It's going to be epic!
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    If it were as simple as giving up Michonne to save my kids I'd do it in a hearbeat. But I think any man that would attack my home (the prison) and let loose a bunch of walkers without provocation is not trustworthy. Also, RIck knows what he did to Maggie and Glen so he knows just how unstable (understatement!!) the Gov is. Why in the world would he believe for one second that all he wants is MIchonne??
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    Why in the world would he believe for one second that all he wants is MIchonne??

Right! I don't think he really does, but I think he wants to believe it. It would just be such a weak move if he gave in and did it.
  • devan44
    Options
    I really hope that he doesn't give her up. Like I said before, it's not because I like her so much or anything, I really don't care for her, but I think that it would just show weakness on his part. I think Rick should have shot him in the forehead when the Gov said that he wanted Rick to surrender. Now, that would have been bad *kitten*!!!
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    He really should have just shot him then. I mean, who else would have organized all the people to come and get retribution? Milton? Andrea? I don't think so.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't think he'll give up Michonne. But one thing that struck me as odd is that Gov knew about all the weapons that Rick, Michonne and Carl brought back from their trip last week to visit Morgan. Either A. he's got spies watching the prison or B. someone is feeding him information..aka Merle?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I don't think Merle would risk Darryl's life like that. I bet it was just spies or the black guy and his wife/girlfriend that wandered into the prison.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    I don't think he'll give up Michonne. But one thing that struck me as odd is that Gov knew about all the weapons that Rick, Michonne and Carl brought back from their trip last week to visit Morgan. Either A. he's got spies watching the prison or B. someone is feeding him information..aka Merle?

Or he attacked the guy after Rick and company left and got info out of him.
  • devan44
    Options

Or he attacked the guy after Rick and company left and got info out of him.

That's a good thought! And then he will team up with Rick and the gang. I just keep hoping for a 'happy' ending but somehow I doubt that we will end up with :sad:
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    I just keep hoping for a 'happy' ending but somehow I doubt that we will end up with :sad:

I'm thinking, the only way they can actually get out of this is if some scientist in a lab somewhere finds a way to germ warfare the buggers and they all drop dead(er). I'm waiting for the end of the series, all the sudden all walkers just drop, and they get to rebuild. Or they will leave us with an inconclusive ending, or they will all die. But I'm hoping for the first one.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think Rick should /tell/ Michonne that the Governor wants her in exchange for the group's safety and then the two of them can plan a surrender and turn it around and kill the Governor. Like YEAH a war between the prison and woodbury might still happen if the Governor is killed, but he's the leader. He's the one coming up with everything. He has soldiers and he has civilians but he's the only one that is actually smart enough to lead Woodbury into a war and MAYBE come out alive. Also if the Governor is killed, Andrea, Milton, or Martinez are the most likely to take over. Andrea and Milton don't want a war and again, Martinez is more of a solider than a leader. Pretending to go along with the Governor's plan and then killing him is the smartest thing they can do besides leave the prison.
    (Also for anyone who says Andrea should've killed him in I Ain't a Judas; Andrea isn't a killer. There's a difference between self defense and killing a man in his sleep. And had she killed him then, Woodbury would've turned on her. Yeah, I wish she had killed him too, but LOGICALLY it wouldn't have been a smart thing to do unless she had a ride waiting outside to haul *kitten* out of Woodbury)