where are you from?

Options
13»

Replies

• AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm from Western Australia (and I hear you ukunbanshee, our forecast for the next few days is consistently over 40 - that's 104 in old Fahrenheit you lot from the USA!!). We live in what is known as the Wheatbelt: 300mm annual rainfall, so it's pretty much the desert (and I used to live in Devon, UK, so moving here was a bit of a shcok!).
    I own 6 horses (eek):
    Angel, 20 year old cremello Connemara mare (unregistered as they don't allow double dilutes). Stubborn as a mule, wide as a barn, but UTTERLY trustworthy for packing my 10 year old daughter around.
    Mojo, 10 year old Welsh B, aka Asshat one. Cheeky fast pony, well suited to my cheeky speed loving 8 year old daughter.
    Joe aka Asshat two. 8 year old Palomino Arab cross gelding. Always in trouble with asshat one (see above). He and I do endurance: we did 5 50 mile rides last year and have our eyes set on a 100 miler this year (hence the weight loss and running programme!)
    Prycie, 12 year old off the track Standardbred who I learned about endurance on. Now packs my novice husband around on trail rides.
    Savannah, 8 year old "mutt". Arab X Welsh X Stockhorse (probably). Lady of leisure mostly, but will eventually be for one of the girls.
    Faith: 5 weeks old buckskin Arabian derivative and my next endurance horse (as my younger daughter will steal Joe as soon as she is big enough!).
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    NIce to see a little more activity here! I'm from Wisconsin near Eau Claire. I have 2 horses - a palomino QH mare and a black Arabian gelding. 2014 is my debut into the endurance riding sport, which is a big reason why i'm here - I need to lose weight for us to be more competitive and keep him sound & healthy.

Feel free to add me a s a friend!!
  • Aprilsdanes
    Aprilsdanes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No Californian's?

I'm from central CA and enjoy trail riding and pack trips. Would love to get into team penning/sorting and gymkhanas.

Family combined, we own 9 horses, but personally, I have 3. All of my guys were rescues of some sort.

Bandit: PMU Percheron cross, 8 years old, gray.

Dominic: WA Rez mustang pony, 14? years, sorrel.

Bullet: Appaloosa, black leopard, 4 years old, and my main project right now. He's a little on the small side and I'm REALLY hoping he fills out more. Which that is also more motivation to loose weight. he is just SO awesome, it would really suck if I am always going to look too big on him.
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Also from the good 'ol USA. Massachusetts!! I have 2 horses for now. A 24 yo Morgan x draft "The Great Waldo Pepper", aka Doh for short. He is the love of my life and the sweetest guy in the world. I also have a 30 yo mare who is a morgan x Shire. She is also amazing. I got her as a companion for Doh. She was neglected and almost 300 lbs underweight. Her previous owner was feeding her 1 scoop of rabbit pellets a day!
    I'm happy to say that she is fat and sassy now, and can outrun any of the thoroughbreds on Salibury Beach! She is a lot of fun, and I free lease her to a friend in return for paddock cleaning. I am strictly Western trail riding. No shows but I will join in any trail ride within 200 miles!
    I just traveled 4 hours into VT to get a Percheron, who decided he wouldnt load. Four hours back with an empty trailer! I will get a Percheron someday. Black :)
    Looking forward to chatting with you all!
    Trish