Haven't started yet

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
Right now I'm training for a half marathon, so most of my limited workout time is spent running, but as soon as it's over, I want to concentrate on body composition. I have heard some great things about Crossfit, so I think that's what I'm going to start. Any advice as I look for a Box and get started?

Thanks!

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Make sure the box you choose has good instructors.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Make sure the box you choose has good instructors.

This! A good trainer will be focused on good form above everything else. They will give everyone a little bit of personal attention while doing a WOD.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    To piggyback on the previous answers, check out the credentials of the coaches and what certifications they have. Also try to speak with some members of the prospective box to get a feel for the attitude at the box as well as how they have found their experience there. Most boxes will allow you to do a trial class as well.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Along with looking into the coaches, also make sure they offer a couple "on-ramp" or "fundamentals" or "elements" classes (each box calls them something different) where you focus on learning the basic moves and proper form.