Motivation!!

Options
GreyGal
GreyGal Posts: 11 Member
Help! I was doing fantastic since August and was losing steadily. I have some knee problems and recently had surgery and in the time I have been recovering, I stopped wearing my FitBit, and stopped logging. I start off good in the morning, and want to do things as I should, log everything and using the FitBit, and then sometime in the afternoon my motivation goes out the window... What do you all do for motivation? What keeps you going? What keeps you from eating an entire bag of jelly beans? Help!!

Replies

• psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Last night I was *****ing that I wasn't seeing the kind of progress I want or think I should be having. This morning when I got on the scale I was down 2 pounds from yesterday :P. My short-term motivation is any kind of progress. I think about how our (my husband and my) diet has changed - how many more vitamins we're getting now, how our treats are really treats now, and how much better we feel about ourselves with just a little bit of effort.

Then I think about a future where we continue down this path and how much better we will feel (and how much better our sex life will be!). And that leads me to the day we decide to procreate and what kind of example we will set for our child/ren. That's my long-term motivation and it's rather personal. In my opinion, the key is to find your own deeply personal motivation.

Edit: and of course, we don't keep jelly beans in the house. But if you are seriously fiending for jelly beans, eat them once and then drop it and move on. It's been said repeatedly, but don't deprive yourself of anything or you will binge and then feel like a failure (which you're not).
  • GreyGal
    GreyGal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I too am motivated by progress... and I have a feeling that that is part of the reason I fell off the wagon. After the surgery, I sat around a lot and ate stuff I shouldn't have. Now to get that progress back on track :)
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Thanks :) I too am motivated by progress... and I have a feeling that that is part of the reason I fell off the wagon. After the surgery, I sat around a lot and ate stuff I shouldn't have. Now to get that progress back on track :)

And that's where the long-term motivator comes in. :D