Official Starting Weight

Options
mlanggin88
mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
Hey guys,

I am so ready to kick my weight loss in the rear... Since the beginning of 2013 I have been stuck in the stinkin 250's and I am ready to kick this and get lower... This challenge will last 10 weeks with official weigh in's this week and final weigh in's the week of labor day.. I will open them up for you to weigh in any day of the week. The weeks will start on Sunday and end Saturday. If you have a normal weigh day that is A-OK with us... The main thing I want to teach and learn through this is to live the weight loss journey with out having to sacrifice EVERYTHING...

I weigh in on FRIDAY so I will post my info then.. Once the starting weights are entered I will create/update my spreadsheet and post in the a forum.....

Let the Challenge BEGIN..

Replies

• italianpeddler
    italianpeddler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Ok I am in. I just joined myfitnesspal yesterday So what do I need to do. Friday is ok for weighing in but I am thinking Monday may be better for me it will keep me honest over the weekend :) . But if you want us all weighing in on Friday that works.

So what do we do? Will our starting weight remain between the participants?
    Is there a way to have our status reports show?

Thanks for organizing the group.
    Diane
  • mlanggin88
    Options
    Hi,
    Ok I am in. I just joined myfitnesspal yesterday So what do I need to do. Friday is ok for weighing in but I am thinking Monday may be better for me it will keep me honest over the weekend :) . But if you want us all weighing in on Friday that works.

So what do we do? Will our starting weight remain between the participants?
    Is there a way to have our status reports show?

Thanks for organizing the group.
    Diane

These are great questions.. You can weigh in what ever day you prefer... I know for me I like weighing in on Friday bc it keeps me strong during the week.. What ever day you think will work best for your weight loss journey is fine to use..

I normally keep the weights between group participants.. I will have a spreadsheet but only the group members will have the link...

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.. Welcome to the challenge. Glad to have you aboard my journey to becoming healthy :)
  • mahryeuh
    mahryeuh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing Friday's too, so I'll post my starting weight on Friday.

We can do it!
  • ALS9861
    ALS9861 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I had a lot of fun doing the st pattys challenge and since I weigh in on Saturdays, I will enter my starting weight from the end of that challenge. Good luck to all!
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i am in!!!! not that i know what i am doing... but i gather i can learn as i go!
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! These groups and challenges have really helped me. I will weigh in Friday.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I am so ready to kick my weight loss in the rear... Since the beginning of 2013 I have been stuck in the stinkin 250's and I am ready to kick this and get lower... This challenge will last 10 weeks with official weigh in's this week and final weigh in's the week of labor day.. I will open them up for you to weigh in any day of the week. The weeks will start on Sunday and end Saturday. If you have a normal weigh day that is A-OK with us... The main thing I want to teach and learn through this is to live the weight loss journey with out having to sacrifice EVERYTHING...

I weigh in on FRIDAY so I will post my info then.. Once the starting weights are entered I will create/update my spreadsheet and post in the a forum.....

I'm in for this challenge. I think sharing with a groups will help me be more aware of what I'm doing.

My question is since I weigh on Sunday's would I start this with what I weighed on Sunday the 10th or wait and use what I weigh on the 17th? You say the weeks will start on Sunday and end on Saturday so I was just curious how this will work.

37422413.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've lost motivation these last few weeks so I'm definitely excited to be starting a new challenge! We can do this! I'll weigh in on Friday also.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I am in! I so need this challenge!

Thank you for doing this:)

Dia
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello there.

I am in. What a great motivator.

I am one of those that weighs in every day so Friday will work for me.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I did the St. Patrick's Day challenge you created, and now I'm ready for this challenge! Can't wait!
  • mlanggin88
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm in for this challenge. I think sharing with a groups will help me be more aware of what I'm doing.

My question is since I weigh on Sunday's would I start this with what I weighed on Sunday the 10th or wait and use what I weigh on the 17th? You say the weeks will start on Sunday and end on Saturday so I was just curious how this will work.

37422413.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That is completely up to you... I will post Week ! weigh in on Sunday.. So if you know your weight from last Sunday (3-10-13) then go ahead and enter it now.. It's up to you when you want to weigh in... That is the joy of having an open week.. As long as I can everyone totals by Saturday I am good.... Glad you joined :)
  • italianpeddler
    italianpeddler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I will weigh in on Friday so I start up with you guys.
    Never did a weight loss challenge before it should be fun.

I see we have some real success stories in the group already congratulations to everyone on their weight loss already. It is inspiring to see.

Let's make it happen !
    Diane
  • kellygettinginshape
    kellygettinginshape Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm in too. Should actually have some time this time around to check in and do the weight loss challenge! I'll post my first weigh in on Friday. Good luck to everyone!
  • loisfritz
    loisfritz Posts: 20
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday's and would love to loose 15 lbs by Memorial Day!
  • mahryeuh
    mahryeuh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Where do we go to "weigh in"?
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 186.6
    Goal: 176.6
  • mlanggin88
    Options
    Where do we go to "weigh in"?

Starting Weights in this forum.... Then next week i will update group and enter a Week 1 Forum...... Any day you want to weigh in is up to you :)
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had a tough time deciding my goal weight for this. As I get closer to my weight goal the loss has slowed down. Plus I have a weeks vacation plus a week at my daughter's in April. Couldnt decide between 5 and 10 so I will split the difference for 7.5 lbs.

Startin weight, March 15 174.4 lbs
    Goal Weight, Memorial day 167 lbs
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 03/15/2013 264.2 lbs
    Goal Weight Memorial Day 250.0 lbs

Good luck everyone!