HELLO

Options
brit_ks_89
brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
HELLO : )
i am brit and i live in California and i am 24 years
i started losing weight on September 30, 2012
i am down 58lbs : )

I want to lose weight because i realized how unhealthy my life was and how unproductive and depressed i was .
I lost my mom in July due to several health issues and that was a big wake up call for me!

my goals for the next 3 months are :
improve my mile & 5k time
lose 30 lbs
able to do 100 push up and do unassisted pull ups

I'm determine more then ever : ) and i will achieve my goals

Replies

• princess_goal
    princess_goal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am joining your challenge, my goal was 20Lbs by May 21st but why not 30Lbs by June.
    I lost 40Lbs over 3 years and been yoyoing for a while now, I am determinated as well!
    got married in September and gained back 20lbs after all the stress was gone.
    My next life goal is to get pregnant, but I want to be at my healthy weight before!!!!
    LETS TO DO THIS!
  • Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations so far! I'm sorry to hear about your mum; well done with reacting in a positive, healthy way =)

You sound so determined; it's inspiring! What are your mile and 5k times so far? Push ups are the bane of my existence. I've never been able to do them properly. Is it possible that some people just aren't shaped to do them? I work my arms via stationary rowing machine.

I'm Heather, from Halifax NS, and 22 years old. I'm not so much trying to lose weight as to lose fat. I'm a completely different body type from my two sisters, who are nothing but lean muscle naturally, and I'd like to not be considered the odd duck in the family anymore.

Breads have a huge negative impact on my weight and make me feel really bloated the next day (seriously, 2 or 3 lbs up after), so am trying to cut those out as much as possible. I've also cut pop out of my diet other than special occasions and basically only drink either pure orange juice or Oasis fruit&veg medley juices. You really can't taste much of the veg. Other than that, I haven't changed my diet (except to add some more veggies). I've amped up the exercise to three 6k runs per week, followed by the rower for 200 reps at 4 lbs. So far, so good!

I've had people start to notice that I'm trimming down, so I rewarded myself with a pin up photo shoot. It was awesome! Any idea what kind of shoot you want to do when you reach your goal?
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    have you tried gluten free bread ?
    my last 5k was 53 minutes
    i have my real 5k coming up in September, i am may do one before tho: )
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    hello!

Well, I must agree with Heather, you're definitely reacting in a positive way to a very sad circumstance. That's awesome and I'm sure your mom would be proud.

I'm Amanda, I'm 22 and living in Atlanta, GA. You all seem so dedicated! Yay! And yay for "newbie" runners! Which I consider myself even though I've been running for about a year now. I FINALLY, as in this week, got my 5k time to sub 30! 29:04! So almost sub 29 too!! =D I'm training for two mud runs later this year and I'm stoked! Also trying to get my strength in so that I'll be able to complete the obstacles without assistance, and I started working on my pushups, but I just seem to not have any endurance. I can do forty if I take breaks in between, but they look super sad. And I started doing the 30DS, and I can't do all the pushups Jillian tries to make me, which kind of breaks my heart.

But I would love to have other runners to share times with and motivate each other!! It's so addicting! I think my training schedule has me set to run 6 miles this weekend? Yikes! I'm pretty excited though. I love the long runs! I finally managed to do five miles, twice, and I felt like I'd really achieved something. And (yes I run on the treadmill, but when it gets warmer I'll take it outside) I got my max speed up to 7.5! I started out running at 5.5 so that's a big jump for me!

Anyway! Bikini body here I come! My eating has been super bad lately, so I'm hoping to get back into eating clean TODAY. As in I'm officially not friends with the vending machine at work anymore! Curse you, 250 calorie rice krispie treats. And curse you, 190 calorie Nature Valley Pecan Crunch Bars. No more bad food at home, no more bad food at work. So once I get back to healthy eating, I'm hoping the 30DS will give me some really nice toning and I'll rock my bikini! Spring break with friends April 5th!!!
  • aperrillioux
    Options
    Oh and when I reach my goal: 135 pounds (15 pounds!! ish) I'm buying a $148.00 gym bag from Lululemon!! I can't wait. Although...I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to get that low. =[
  • princess_goal
    Options
    Wow guys you run a lot...
    I can barely run 5minutes....! I am doing this couch to 5km thingy....plus I bought the Jillian Michael body revolution 90days program!!! Can't wait to start( I have some weird lower back pain that I am waiting to go away)!!!
    You girls are motivating me already!!!
  • aperrillioux
    Options
    I've heard great things about the C25k! Good for you for getting started on it. It's the best feeling when you can run a mile straight! You're gonna love it!! It becomes so addictive. I've been researching training for a half marathon/marathon this morning. I want to do it, it's just a matter of when. I also really want to do a triathlon. I'm thinking next summer for that. So maybe the marathon the summer after? Or maybe the same summer...we shall see.

And let me know how the JM video works for you. Definitely hoping for good results from the 30DS, but I'm guessing I'll need something to do after that so I don't lose all the muscle.
  • kbslife
    kbslife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I would love to do this challenge with u guys! I have my high school reunion on June 22nd ( :/ ) and I would love it if I lost a little more than 30 lbs by then but 30 sounds good too :)
    I have lost just 30 lbs since the day after Thanksgiving 2011, and that was my highest weight ever! I was down 11 lbs from what I am right now but I started working nights one year ago and I find it hard to get the energy to exercise a lot of days, after working all night, doing laundry for four, keeping up with 2 kids and house work! Lol but Im determined to start this journey and never look back!
  • wine2beach
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Nicole and live in Virginia Beach, Virginia. My goal is to lose 23 pounds by summer, but 30 would be even better, so what a great group to join!!
    I have lost a little over 60pounds since February 2011 and since the end of summer of 2012 I started putting pounds back on slowly. Life stressers, busy kids, and justa busy life in general got me into this battle of not being motivated ONCE AGAIN. So I will lean on you for support and motivation! I need it...I need to be held accountable.
    I spoke to my best friend yesterday, whom is a wellness P.A. and we talked about what I need to do and what I will do yesterday evening to start...and what did I do? Nothing.....except my normal daily routine with my kids. So here I am.
    I sure know how to motivate, but motivating myself is another subject. :ohwell:

That being said I have already tracked my jog that I am doing this afternoon to see if that makes me hold myself more accountable of completing it since I have already logged it...hmmm, we will see.

And are we having weekly weigh-ins?? say report how much we have lost in one week?
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Katie. I live in Arkansas. the only state with no beaches but has tons of dirty lakes

I began my weight journey weighing 250 pounds and a size 26W. this time last year I weighed 220 pounds. I am not at 180 pounds

I would like to aim for 165 pounds for my birthday in 2 1/2 months.
  • daisy2365
    daisy2365 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Keri and I live in Ohio. I started my weight loss journey in January. At first I started with just eating better and dropped 11 pounds (I was so excited). I thought by adding exercise I could maybe speed up the process a little more and get toned in process. So for 3 weeks I have been faithfully exercising 40 minutes a day 6 days a week. I haven't lost a single pound since then. I'm trying not to get discouraged, even though I haven't lost anymore weight, I am starting to see changes in my body. I hope by joining groups on here and reading other peoples weight loss stories will help keep me motivated to follow through to my goal. Good luck everyone!
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    Hey everyone! I would love to do this challenge with u guys! I have my high school reunion on June 22nd ( :/ ) and I would love it if I lost a little more than 30 lbs by then but 30 sounds good too :)
    I have lost just 30 lbs since the day after Thanksgiving 2011, and that was my highest weight ever! I was down 11 lbs from what I am right now but I started working nights one year ago and I find it hard to get the energy to exercise a lot of days, after working all night, doing laundry for four, keeping up with 2 kids and house work! Lol but Im determined to start this journey and never look back!

Hey girl. I work grave too. It is hard but I found eating clean and working out helps with sleeping pattern too. I am not sure how old your kids are or your schedule but you can send me a message and ill give youbtips. You can do it girl. My starting weight was 307.3 lbs. If I can do it you can too.
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Nicole and live in Virginia Beach, Virginia. My goal is to lose 23 pounds by summer, but 30 would be even better, so what a great group to join!!
    I have lost a little over 60pounds since February 2011 and since the end of summer of 2012 I started putting pounds back on slowly. Life stressers, busy kids, and justa busy life in general got me into this battle of not being motivated ONCE AGAIN. So I will lean on you for support and motivation! I need it...I need to be held accountable.
    I spoke to my best friend yesterday, whom is a wellness P.A. and we talked about what I need to do and what I will do yesterday evening to start...and what did I do? Nothing.....except my normal daily routine with my kids. So here I am.
    I sure know how to motivate, but motivating myself is another subject. :ohwell:

That being said I have already tracked my jog that I am doing this afternoon to see if that makes me hold myself more accountable of completing it since I have already logged it...hmmm, we will see.

And are we having weekly weigh-ins?
    ? say report how much we have lost in one week?

Yes we are going to have weekly weigh ins. I am going to set a topic up with that information
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    Hi I'm Keri and I live in Ohio. I started my weight loss journey in January. At first I started with just eating better and dropped 11 pounds (I was so excited). I thought by adding exercise I could maybe speed up the process a little more and get toned in process. So for 3 weeks I have been faithfully exercising 40 minutes a day 6 days a week. I haven't lost a single pound since then. I'm trying not to get discouraged, even though I haven't lost anymore weight, I am starting to see changes in my body. I hope by joining groups on here and reading other peoples weight loss stories will help keep me motivated to follow through to my goal. Good luck everyone!

Are you eating your exercise Calories back ?
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    I have tried gluten free bread, but don't care for the taste and texture. The less I eat it, the fewer cravings, and when I do indulge it's a treat =) Those are pretty awesome times, ladies! I started around 45 minutes for 5k and made my best time to date today at 22:58 ^^
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    I have tried gluten free bread, but don't care for the taste and texture. The less I eat it, the fewer cravings, and when I do indulge it's a treat =) Those are pretty awesome times, ladies! I started around 45 minutes for 5k and made my best time to date today at 22:58 ^^

Lol. I eat gluten free. Its good to me. But every taste buds are different. Wow your 5k is very inspiring :) thanks
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    Mine must be pretty wonky. I've always despised water; it has a taste to me, and it's awful haha But I drink it anyway. You're welcome, and thank you! Didn't think I'd ever hear someone call ME inspiring. I failed at running when I was little. Like, hardcore failed. Tried out for track and field, and in the trials, I ended up being paired against every single other person in an attempt to have me beat SOMEONE at at least one event. Nope. The poor gym teacher felt worse than I did haha
  • princess_goal
    Options
    Is there going to be another board for the weight in or we just keep in in here!!! I am new here sooo don't know where to goooo!!!
  • aperrillioux
    Options
    @Heather: Wow!! Your time is AMAZING!! I hope I can get that fast one day! INSANEEEE.

And btw, I was looking at your profile and I saw that you wanted to look awesome in your Modcloth dress? I wondered what it looked like? And here's the dress that I just bought and want to look awesome in: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=23540818x&parentid=SALE_W_DRESSES

Yayyyy!
  • Jennnifit
    Jennnifit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jennifer. I don't know if I can lose a total of 30 by June 21st. Or, maybe I can. We shall see. I'm 14 lbs away from my 30 lb weight loss goal, so I suppose it isn't impossible :) I re-started my weight loss in the second week of January this year and I am down 16 lbs.

Best of luck you all! :smile: