Am I doing ok?

Options
IamOnMywayNow
IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
:) I am in week 3 of SL and want to know if I am progressing enough. Here are my stats.

Squats=75
Overhead press=50
Deadlifts=115
Bench press=60
Barbell rows=60

Squats are getting super hard for me and I was supposed to do 80lbs last night but could only do the 75lbs again. And Deadlifts I was supposed to do 125 but could only do 115 again. My grip strength is not so great and I could not hold the 125lbs to do it properly. Do any of you use the lifting hooks while doing the Deadlifts? I love the program and I can already see a difference in my body I just dont want to get stuck. My husband is also doing this with me and while I know he has more strength I feel like a weakling that I cant keep up with him :)

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Progress at your own pace. None of us can really tell you if you're progressing as you should, only you can determine that. Don't be afraid to repeat a weight. I do it all the time to make sure form is good before moving on. You can try increasing deadlifts by 5 instead of 10. And finally, don't compare your progress with someone else, especially a guy. Their progress will almost always be greater than yours and you'll just be setting yourself up for discouragment.

That being said, your numbers look good. Keep plugging away and don't be afraid to push yourself a little.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You could also try the mixed grip for deadlift - I switched at 125lbs and it made such a difference! Basically, the palm of one hand faces away from you (regular deadlift grip) but the palm of the other hand faces towards you.

Also, what the others said about progressing at your own pace, whether that's 5lbs, 10lbs or 1lb.
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else said. Progress at your own rate. Also, keep in mind that progress doesn't have to be 5 pounds at a time. Lots of us are using fractional weights so we only progress one or two pounds at a time when the lifts get really hard. This makes a huge difference. Keep up the great work!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Your numbers look great, and I agree on the mixed grip. It really helps.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great to see another doing the program with their hubby!

I agree with the mixed grip for deadlift.

I plan on investing in some big washers or fractional weights soon because I know I will begin to stall on OHP. This is only week 2 for us.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know I should not compare myself to him but I really want to kick his butt at this whole weightlifting thing even thought I know it wont happen LOL! I will get some fractional weights so I can keep improving without trying to kill myself:)