Options
arianamari3
arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
I'm new to the group, but you should probably change the main picture :D

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I realize I'm in and out here.. but I agree. I was never enamored with Pope Benedict. I irreverently think of him as Pope Lycanthrope.. (sorry-it's just a visual that comes to mind, not unlike Father Charming who was our 2nd in command for a while-he could have been a disney prince... or Fr. Mean....he was brilliant but a toughie) so as far as changing pics goes, I don't think I think like anyone else here because I would suggest this, by Salvador Dali. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_i5W2m9XNB3w/RuqkvitlqgI/AAAAAAAAAh0/ZofR2zf0rTg/s1600-h/dali-christ.jpg
    .. by the way, I'm thrilled with the new guy. his choice to wash feet on Holy Thursday at a juvenile detention center seems heart warming to me.
  • jerber160
    Options
    i had nightmares last night about a student turning into a werewolf and wrecking havoc.. i woke exhausted. serves me right.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Agree Someone PLEASE change the photo!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I realize I'm in and out here.. but I agree. I was never enamored with Pope Benedict. I irreverently think of him as Pope Lycanthrope.. (sorry-it's just a visual that comes to mind, not unlike Father Charming who was our 2nd in command for a while-he could have been a disney prince... or Fr. Mean....he was brilliant but a toughie) so as far as changing pics goes, I don't think I think like anyone else here because I would suggest this, by Salvador Dali. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_i5W2m9XNB3w/RuqkvitlqgI/AAAAAAAAAh0/ZofR2zf0rTg/s1600-h/dali-christ.jpg
    .. by the way, I'm thrilled with the new guy. his choice to wash feet on Holy Thursday at a juvenile detention center seems heart warming to me.

I think if you were to read Ratzinger's Introduction to Christianity, you would change your mind. He is so lucid about the challenges facing Christians, that he is a joy to read. He looked so sick when he met Francis---the way he moved like everything hurt. I do not think that we will have him with us for very much longer.

I like Francis. As a Pope from the Global South, he will challenge us to a closer following of the radicality of the Gospels. He seems so ill at ease in St Peter's, coming from radical poverty to the beauty of the faith as expressed by the greatest Catholic artists and architects. The 2 sides of Catholicism: its great vision of the divinization of man, and its radical call to the service of those most deprived of their human dignity.

I love that painting of Christ cruxified over the world of Dali's. It's a great suggestion.
  • jerber160
    Options

I think if you were to read Ratzinger's Introduction to Christianity, you would change your mind. He is so lucid about the challenges facing Christians, that he is a joy to read. He looked so sick when he met Francis---the way he moved like everything hurt. I do not think that we will have him with us for very much longer.

I like Francis. As a Pope from the Global South, he will challenge us to a closer following of the radicality of the Gospels. He seems so ill at ease in St Peter's, coming from radical poverty to the beauty of the faith as expressed by the greatest Catholic artists and architects. The 2 sides of Catholicism: its great vision of the divinization of man, and its radical call to the service of those most deprived of their human dignity.

I love that painting of Christ cruxified over the world of Dali's. It's a great suggestion.
    'coming from the racial poverty to the... artists architects." Why am I suddenly thinking of Martha Graham? I think it was Martha, when she moved from Pittsburgh to somewhere southwest was struck by crucifixes of 'men hanging in pain.' I'm not saying it well, but I think for the first time in her young life, she saw religious reality, brutal as it was depicted through art.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options

'coming from the racial poverty to the... artists architects." Why am I suddenly thinking of Martha Graham? I think it was Martha, when she moved from Pittsburgh to somewhere southwest was struck by crucifixes of 'men hanging in pain.' I'm not saying it well, but I think for the first time in her young life, she saw religious reality, brutal as it was depicted through art.
    The human condition, in the cruxifixes, in the stations of the Cross, in the Pieta---all transformed by the mystery of the Resurrection. The Exsultet, the oldest Christian hymn: http://youtu.be/WyEAsiDjFP4
  • jerber160
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    The human condition, in the cruxifixes, in the stations of the Cross, in the Pieta---all transformed by the mystery of the Resurrection. The Exsultet, the oldest Christian hymn: http://youtu.be/WyEAsiDjFP4
    [/quote]

thank you.. I had to down load the whole album but it's beautiful happy easter. (and it's something to add to my sandy patti via dolorosa I just found too..
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    is it me, or is what jerber posts really creepy?

message the mod if you want the pic changed.