meals

Options
2»

Replies

• McAmber84
    McAmber84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am strictly 3 meals a day, a defined breakfast, lunch, and dinner. To keep grocery costs down, and because it doesn't bother me, I will have the same meal for breakfast and lunch every day in a week. Dinner is grilled or baked chicken, sweet potato, and assorted steamed veggies. When cooking for husband and myself, I try to get adventurous using sites like skinnytaste.com. I'm not much of a cook, so I stick to the simple stuff, but thankfully I don't have to cook often, because my husband works alternating shift work, so we actually eat out a bunch for dinner. Surprisingly, I don't really have trouble eating out. We frequent mostly chain type places, like Chili's, P.F. Chang's, etc, so nutritional info is easy to find. I plan ahead of time, and normally can find a nice meal for 500-700 calories that is delicious. This works for me because eating around 1750 calories a day, I ALWAYS have 1,000 for dinner. it's just my favorite meal of the day!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 3 main meals, then carry snacks with me if I need it. I try to cook everything. For breakfasts I use the overnight apple cinnamon oatmeal becaues I can make it in advance and it's ready for the go. I normally do sandwiches or left over dinners for lunch, and dinner I always cook, whether i toss it in the slow cooker before work or turn on the oven and back something myself.