What time of the day do you shred?

Options
I usually shred in the afternoon after lunch. The last couple of days I have had to shred in the evening and I hate it as I am so tired from my day. When do you guys shred?

Replies

• Thenewme31
    Thenewme31 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have done it at all times, however I've found lately that my best time to work out is first thing in the morning at 6am. It gives my brain no time to say no, and I get up get the clothes on and do it! I tried after work in mid afternoon and I had to push myself so hard to do it and not talk myself out of just skipping the day because I'm exhausted by then. I find if I work out early my eating habits are better, better mood, more motivation, and for me I'm happy the workout part of my day is accomplished. I hope you find the best most successful time for yourself! :-)
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 5:15am and I'm usually shredding by 5:30am and it's all done before I go to work. That way I don't have all day at work to talk myself out of it.

At weekends I do it a little later but still in the morning before breakfast. I'm mad, I know, but it's working for me and helping me to stick to a routine. :smile:
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Blimey! You ladies are hardcore!!!

To be honest, I would very much like to do it in the morning but I live in a small house and I'd wake everyone up with all the jumping up and down lol! Hardwood floors don't help either!
  • Thenewme31
    Thenewme31 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Even weekends I'm doing it early so I don't have any time to talk myself out of it. I just get up get the clothes on and shred away. Makes me less tired for the day for sure.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I try to do it around 6am before my daughter wakes up, but she listens for me exercising because she loves to plank! (She's 3)
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Good to know there are so many other early shredders! :smile:
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I generally shred right after work - before dinner - but this morning, I got up at 5:15am and did my last day of Level 2 because I have plans after work and didn't want to miss my workout when I was this close to completing it!

I found this morning, I wasn't nearly as flexible as I am in the evening.

I don't think I'd make a habit of a before work workout because I have to be at work by 7:00 so that gets me up around 5 (eww!). I'm much happier doing it in the evening.