when to workout

Options
jhedeen
jhedeen Posts: 22 Member
Just wondering when does everyone squeeze in their workouts? Do you go toa gym or work out at home? I do both at the moment. Trying to decide if I should just give up the membership since I mostly have everything I need here, weights and dvds, bands ect.. I feel like I will be letting my gym friends down or something. I know I would work out but they don't.

Replies

• airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you can affort it keep it,,where i work i have a gym that i can use free. but i have a membership at another gym, i dint cancel it bcause on saturday i dont work and i go w my friend to my gym..
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I go to a gym, right now it's FREEZING! I am a fair weather outdoor exerciser. I go to work from 11am-7pm so I drop my daughter off at school and go straight from there to the gym. I make dates for a few days a week and drop her off at the sitters to go on the bus to go to some classes here and there. So after work I can go home and spend time with my family instead of getting out at 7-730pm and having to spend all the time I have with hubby and my kiddo at the gym.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I work out from home and try to squeeze it in after dinner. I also have a new baby at home so my energy levels aren't what they used to be. I would love to join a gym I think it would force me to do my workout since I would have to leave the house, but unfortunately I live out in the country so it would cost me more in gas than the membership.
  • colindae
    colindae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get my workouts done at work on my lunchbreak. We have a treadmill, and other equiptment along with weights and baancing balls. we have a pretty good setup lucky for me
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, She is in preschol from 7:30 to 5:30 so I just feel guilty taking her to the gym daycare after that all day. I have an eliptical in the basement , weights , mats , balls and lots of videos. I normally workout after she is sleeping.
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    I workout at 4 a.m. until 5:45... Monday through Friday to avoid disrupting my family's daily events. I love the peaceful feeling during the wee hours! I end up falling asleep at the same time of night as my 6 year old though. I skip Saturday and then sunday I try to just do an easy enjoyable workout from about 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m..... I love it
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I workout at home a lot, but I do have a gym membership that I don't use as much as I should probably... My daughter will come into the room with me most evenings when I work out and she tries to work out to, it's cute and we spend time together I just have to make sure to tell her to stay a good distance away from me so I don't knock her in the head or something. I like to run outside also so I put my kiddo in the jogging stroller and tell her to hang on in the evenings.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm married with 3 children and a full time job.

I workout at 6am 5 mornings a week for 30 - 40 minutes whilst everyone is still asleep.

My ultimate favourite site is http://hasfit.com/workouts/home/ but I also cruise YouTube for free workouts that reflect my mood at the time.

It can be done!