Day 27- does anyone know about your issues w binging?

FluffyDogsRule
FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
Everyone who knows me well knows I binge. I'm very open about it and will happily binge in front of people. I think bc I'm not overweight people really get a kick out of it. Even though I'm not overweight the binges are real and people don't see the hard work i put in to compensate and not to gain weight. They say things like I wish I had your metabolism. I want to say I wish I ate normally like you.

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    My husband knows about it though I rarely do it in front of him. I will tell him everything I ate, sometimes to ease my guilt, sometimes because I know he'll realize some food item is now gone, or see the trash, etc. and you guys, you know all my secrets, lol.
  • Thelxinoe
    Thelxinoe Posts: 32
    I've told my boyfriend about it, though I clarified what it meant in my case (excessive consumption of chocolate). I think having another person aware of your struggles adds to the accountability.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    My husband sort of knows. I usually don't binge in front of him, but when he knows I eat the wrong stuff, he says to me " you're not going to lose weight eating all that stuff" or you're eating all the wrong foods" things like that. It does not help.
  • Nooo.... Well actually, one person knows. My ex. But I really don't think he knows the extent to which it has caused turmoil in my life. I try and keep it hidden because I am embarrassed about it. It seems sort of bizarre and shows weakness. I also prefer people to not know that I have food issues because I wouldn't want them to end up over-analyzing food themselves.