If a Zombie was chasing me..how fast cld I run??

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Well, we will find out today!!! Whether you are a beginner or advanced this routine has it all for you! A challenge!
http://oxygenmag.com/Fat-Loss/Articles/Killer-Cardio-Workout.aspx

This cardio routine is for everyone! Press "print" or write it down and get busy! Who doesn't want to burn fat?! Here is just one more way instead of mindlessly being on the treadmill or elliptical challenge yourself!
let me know how it goes for you!
Pretend you are being chased by Zombies or fighting an intergalactic battle like me! (Wonder Woman's ear-rings were not just for beauty she cld breath in space!)

Have fun!
WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Oh, nice! I was just thinking about something like this on the drive to work. Hubby has been doing his own version on the track - run a minute, walk a minute, sprint half the track, run the rest, walk a minute - something like that. I can't keep up with him as he runs at a faster, longer stride than I do. I know it increased his endurance though to run with our karate instructor and actually improved his time to less than a 10 minute mile. I think his routine helped him. I need a new pop in mine. So thank you Wonder Woman. And, yes, the 7 minute mile section is scary as heck.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this because I did HIIT on the treadmill this morning. Burned over 200 calories in 30 minutes and a little over 2 miles!!! Highest speed was 6.0 for one minute! Most intervals betwwen 5.0 and 5.5!....
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    If you're into zombies and have a smart phone you should give Zombies Run! a shot. The downside is its not free:

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ick zombies! My family loves all those zombie movies and my middle son says there is a CDC zombie contingency program in the event there is a zombie outbreak. Go figure.

I do not think I would run. I would stand, face, and slay the disgusting creatures.

You are so much fun, Wonder Woman.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Ick zombies! My family loves all those zombie movies and my middle son says there is a CDC zombie contingency program in the event there is a zombie outbreak. Go figure.

I do not think I would run. I would stand, face, and slay the disgusting creatures.

You are so much fun, Wonder Woman.

The CDC is using the "zombie contingency program" as a "fun" way to keep everyone generally prepared for most real life emergencies such as a flood, hurricane, forest fire, etc. It's been fairly successful...except when that guy in florida at the other guy's face off because he was on bath salts (bath salts is a street name for a chemical similar to meth).
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Okay, as public health employee that works with the CDC, here it is:

www.cdc.gov/phpr/documents/11_225700_A_Zombie_Final.pdf

Just remember, Zombies don't like fast food, so haul butt ya'll
  • garlic7girl
    Options

OMG! Ms Rach I knew something had to be kindred btwn us! I am a public Health Nurse and you know we LIVE on the CDC website! Ha!
  • garlic7girl
    Options

LOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go GI Jane Whack!!!!!!!!!! Wham!!!!!!!! POW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

OMG! Ms Rach I knew something had to be kindred btwn us! I am a public Health Nurse and you know we LIVE on the CDC website! Ha!
    Same place different areas!! I'm a lab rat (aka laboratory technologist... yeah I play with bugs) with a really cool job title (Bioterrorism Defense Coordinator.... yep that means the REALLLY bad bugs.) As a state lab, we actually work hand in hand with CDC on all our testing and the trainings we give. I'm on the phone with them weekly! We were one of the first places to get the Zombie Preparedness Plan because preparedness is our job in my department!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

LOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go GI Jane Whack!!!!!!!!!! Wham!!!!!!!! POW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think I have to agree with this, I would stand my ground, every couple months (but especially around Halloween) we battle zombies in Combat.... Plus when my sister found out that I have a concealed carry permit she said that this was not something that anyone expected of me (I hang around with first responders-police and firefighters, haz mat teams, and FBI, why no one would expect this of me, I don't know, but I digress) and in a zombie attack she didn't see me as one of the fighters carrying a gun.... she said she would expect me to be the one to carry a sword and fight that way (true, plus with the preparations we do in Combat, I thing there would be some awesome punches and kicks going on!)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Same place different areas!! I'm a lab rat (aka laboratory technologist... yeah I play with bugs) with a really cool job title (Bioterrorism Defense Coordinator.... yep that means the REALLLY bad bugs.) As a state lab, we actually work hand in hand with CDC on all our testing and the trainings we give. I'm on the phone with them weekly! We were one of the first places to get the Zombie Preparedness Plan because preparedness is our job in my department!"
    [/quote]

And we have to trained and practice every year and go to trainings on being a First responders in the community! We practice how to give medications rapidly for those nasty bugs and instructions and this year we will practice going door to door...ah emergency preparedness! SO WHEN A NURSE TELLS YA'LL " RUUUUUUUN THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING! EVERYONE FOR THEMSELVES'' You need to boogie on down the road! LOL!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am laughing so hard. This was so funny. You all are wonderful!