And the Angel finally went Ninja on the Devil....POW!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Now you have a pick me up when you are ready to give up! A reference for the angel and devil who are always fighting on your shoulders!
http://www.mensfitness.com/training/pro-tips/the-10-most-important-fitness-goals

I really like this article! It is not just for men but for us all! I believe it gives a nice perspective and reminders for why we are in this!
I am challenging you to KEEP this article somewhere for when you feel frustrated on why am I doing this, scale is not moving, wondering 'is all this worth it' and loss of motivation. So archive it somewhere!

We forget this is a lifetime and this article brings REALITY to this thing we all are doing!

Maybe just write the headings on a piece of paper and put on refrigerator. Also you can give to others who say "why are you doing all this?"

Peace and mental clarity,
WW

Replies

• AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article Ms Garlic! It was full of a lot of good tips to remember during this journey. I completely agree that a lot of times we forget that this is a permanent lifestyle change. We should be making changes that will last well beyond the point of us reaching our weight loss goals.

I think tip #7 was the one that hit me the hardest. I tend to not want to try a lot of new things when it comes to my workouts. I find a couple that work and just keep doing them over and over. If something seems too difficult or out there I just ignore it. I need to step out of my comfort zone and push myself to try new things that will probably help my body get in shape faster.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday! And good luck in taking steps to make this a permanent lifestyle change.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This came at the right time. today I got on scale and I gained 4 pounds since last week. Very heart wrenching. This is the topic that hits home with me.

10. Focus More on Establishing Healthy Habits than on Results

I sure do need healthy habits when it comes to what I eat.

Thank you Wonder Woman.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I skimmed it but I did what you said and I pinned it to my motivation board for more reading later. Thanks for the research Wonder Woman. Glad to see you are back on top today. Wish I could wave a magic wand and create another mountain bike class for you. If you found a few more particpatents, would they add a class for you?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle of these is #4, consistency.... especially with food, something doesn't work the way I want it to, little evil voice says "forget it, give it up go back to the stuff you were eating before it's not going to work" and the struggle begins, then something happens that throws me for a loop and I'm done... then I try something else and the vicious cycle starts again. All I can say is that at least this time, I'm not giving in or giving up no matter how many times it beats me down, I keep getting back up and fighting, thankfully between my friends here, my trainer, and my friends at the gym, I'm hearing more of the strong, warrior voice that says "you can do this, it's like a locked door, you're trying to pick the lock again, it's more important to find the key to open the door than it is to get the door itself open... just do your Nancy Drew thing, follow the clues, even if you get on the wrong track, the clues are out there to get you back and you can always discuss it with Bess (my friends here), George (my friends at the gym) and Ned (my trainer) they are the ones that help you solve the mystery, remember?"

Warrior voice is a lot more long winded than Little Evil Voice, isn't it?
  • dodiemaddox
    dodiemaddox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great article! I've pinned it for reference. Working on #10!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, I have multiple issues! I need the work on constantly: Doing this for the long hall...sometimes I get tired; I also have found at my age I need to work on flexibility and weekly too! Also, consistency with the intensity of my workouts!