Final non-vegan meals on Sunday?

Options
Motria
Motria Posts: 54 Member
I had a Boston creme donut and croissant from Dunkin Donuts yesterday. :bigsmile: Going meat-less isn't a big deal for me, but there's so much that I love with eggs and dairy included! Thinking of what to eat on Sunday before the challenge begins. I'll probably use up a bunch of eggs/cheese/milk in the fridge making a veggie quiche. What to do for dinner? Hmmm..

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've already dropped dairy and was meat free for around 6 weeks before a party last night.
    I know the one thing I use are eggs. this will be a challenge. We have our own chickens so I know they are happy chooks.
    So I don't really mind eating their eggs.
  • Motria
    Options
    We have our own chickens so I know they are happy chooks.
    So I don't really mind eating their eggs.

This is an important point! I was surprised to learn that, here in the U.S., practically all chickens/eggs come from deplorable factory farms. You really need to raise your own to know they were treated humanely. In contrast, it is reasonbly easy (but expensive) to find beef that's humanely-raised - Whole Foods has started labeling their meats to let you know how they lived and died. If anyone is interested in learning more, I'd recommend reading "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer.

In any case.. I'm aiming for no meat/eggs/dairy for this 40-day challenge. After that I'll reconsider whether there are some animal products I may want to bring back into my diet, as long as they're easy on my conscience, too.
  • Motria
    Options
    As for dinner tonight - macaroni and cheese with the kids! I already had pizza a couple times this week. :wink:
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    after church, at coffee hour we had cheesecake for cheesefare....Declicious! Lots of cheese was out on plates today.
  • AdobeTree
    AdobeTree Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I made a great Artichoke, pasta, parm, and mozz mix and brownies!
  • neveend
    neveend Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    we went to mandarin!
  • Motria
    Options
    Hi neveend! Glad you found us! :flowerforyou: