The first cut is the deepest...

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
Right, so this time next week I'd of completed my first half marathon and save to say it's starting to feel real and I've realised just how tough it's going to be, I feel like Simon Pegg in 'Run fat boy run'.

What will you be doing for the first time this wee, month, year, decade you get the picture. Can be running related or just general.

By the time I'm 30 I want to complete a full marathon.

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I hope that it went well!

I am doing my first 5K in almost a decade in late July.

I am very happy to be running again, and I can't wait until I can finally feel like a "runner" as opposed to a person pretending to be a runner. I think that will happen when I can run a 5K without stopping.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am plannig a 50k in may 2014, right after the rock and roll marathon in raleigh in april 14!!
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I gonna run officially my first half-marathon in June 30. I have ran 26k already in my bday.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I hope that it went well!

I am doing my first 5K in almost a decade in late July.

I am very happy to be running again, and I can't wait until I can finally feel like a "runner" as opposed to a person pretending to be a runner. I think that will happen when I can run a 5K without stopping.

It was good I managed it in 1hour 45mins, then did another 2weeks later at 1hour 43mins. I'm signed up for another half in September and then running the Amsterdam marathon (my first) in October.

You're already a runner, you put those shoes on, you hit the pavement you're a running whether you have to walk, slow jog etc you're a runner. Keep up the good work.

Hope training is going well for all you.