Hiking Ideas

Options
HealthyinAZ
HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
I usually use the Iris O Dewhurst trail head at the top of 1st, any other suggestions for trails that aren't in the boonies from the N. side of Tucson?

Replies

• shaezonne
    Options
    tumomock (spell check) trail right by saint mary's hospital.
  • HealthyinAZ
    Options
    Ooooh that giant hill! Yes! That'd be a great weekend spot for me! Thank you :) Does anyone want to start a Saturday or Sunday morning group to do this hill weekly??
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Not yet. Buying the future wouldn't mind at all
  • HealthyinAZ
    Options
    No worries, this goes for everyone, if you want to meet up on a weekend and hike one of the local trails, if you just message me by Thursday night I'll plan ahead for the weekend!
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I hike finger rock trail, ventana canyon trail and the pima Canyon trail almost every week now... Well populated, beautiful and all in the north side
  • HealthyinAZ
    Options
    I just saw the Finger Rock Trailhead sign today when I had to go up Pontatoc and across Skyline because of that stupid lane narrowing by La Paloma (Seriously, why the hell is it closed?) - I may need to try it
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's really beautiful. I do that one the most since it's less than a mile from me.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It never really occurs to me to do anything but Sabino Canyon/Seven Falls or Saguaro National Park East/West. Mostly I stick with Sabino, because the whole point of hiking for me is to see water. Also Sabino Canyon is right by my parents' house, so it's convenient.

Does anyone know if there is water in Sabino right now?
  • HealthyinAZ
    Options
    I don't know about water at Sabino right now but there was quite a bit of running water up at the Iris O Dewhirst trail head yesterday.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Ahh. That's good to know. I've never been up there. Maybe we'll give it a go next weekend.
  • HealthyinAZ
    Options
    I know husband and I were planning on taking the 5 kids up for a picnic this weekend at a nice little area about 3 miles in, sits under a huge rock overhang about 15 feet from the edge of the stream. Beautiful place - and certainly feels cooler as it sits in the valley between the two mountains.