Season 3 - Episode 15 "This Sorrowful Life" (03/24/13)

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 03/24/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-315-the-walking-dead-this-sorrowful-life

YouTube Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uEPbvtzMQLE

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Nooooooooooo!!!!! How did I go from hating Merle so much to being super bummed that the Governor killed him???
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooooo!!!!! How did I go from hating Merle so much to being super bummed that the Governor killed him???

exactly my feelings! Nooooooo...poor Daryl!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The last 5 minutes were so sad.. Poor Daryl!!

This was a great episode. Wish Merle could have lived...at least he took out some of the Woodbury people with him though. He did for Daryl because he realized Daryl belongs with the Prison group now.

Why did the Governor bite off Merle's fingers like Gollum from LOTR?!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    OMG! Holy SH*$!!! Stunned is all I can say and only one episode left! NOT FAIR we have to wait till next fall for the rest......
    POOR Daryl! I hope he will not be ruined for the rest of the show....
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping Daryl is the one who gets The Governor in the finale next week. And I hope it's messy.

On another note... I know it's the apocalypse and everything Glen, but you think you could have done a little better than shoving the ring in Maggie's hand?
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping Daryl is the one who gets The Governor in the finale next week. And I hope it's messy.

On another note... I know it's the apocalypse and everything Glen, but you think you could have done a little better than shoving the ring in Maggie's hand?

I was thinking that he could have gone and gotten her ring that he hadn't just removed from the finger he cut off a walker!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    I also went from hating merle to being so upset at the end of the episode! Marvelous episode!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    It was a nice ring...must have been about 3-4 carats, but still...:noway:

I'm glad Rick decided he shouldn't be making all the decisions. I'm so over seeing him still seeing Lori. I can't believe that he even thought the Governor would honor the deal.

They need to let Michonne talk more. She showed great shrewdness in how she got to Merle. She knew his weak spots. And she's so badass..she even killed two walkers while tied up. She's right up there with Glenn who took down a walker while tied to a chair.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

This was a great episode. Wish Merle could have lived...at least he took out some of the Woodbury people with him though. He did for Daryl because he realized Daryl belongs with the Prison group now.

Good point!! I didn't even think of that! It looks like in the last episode the prison crew has decided to run. But I think that since Merle took out some of Woodbury's biggest goons they might have a fighting chance now. I think there will be big losses on both sides in the last episode.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I was like, all the abandoned jewelry stores around and Glen goes for a Walker's ring.

But yea, I thought that Merle would be quite an asset when the groups battled. Sucks to see him killed off but what a scene with Daryl finding Walker Merle!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I was like, all the abandoned jewelry stores around and Glen goes for a Walker's ring.

:laugh:

Yeah, nothing says love like a second hand zombie ring.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

But yea, I thought that Merle would be quite an asset when the groups battled. Sucks to see him killed off but what a scene with Daryl finding Walker Merle!

That just goes to show how twisted the Governor. He shot him knowing he would turn and be left to wander. It just about killed me when Daryl started crying. :sad: I hope he doesn't go to crazytown like Rick did.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options

I was thinking that he could have gone and gotten her ring that he hadn't just removed from the finger he cut off a walker!

Oh my god thank you! I said the exact same thing to my husband. I mean I'm sure there was a jewelry store around somewhere that had SOMETHING. I'd rather have no ring than a ring off a walker for crying out loud. To me that was just tacky.

I'm so happy they redeemed Merle before he died, but oh man. My heart literally sank for poor Daryl when he realized that was walker Merle in front of him. I too hope he's the one to kill the Gov., but for some reason, I think when they go to storm the prison next week, I don't think it's going to be a big huge fight like we all think it is. I do half expect to find Rick and the gang gone like someone else suggested. I'm just not sure how they'd finish off the Gov's storyline then.
    I don't think Daryl will go crazytown as someone else put it, but I do think he'll go to the cold and withdrawn stage until Carol can work some magic on him.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options

That just goes to show how twisted the Governor. He shot him knowing he would turn and be left to wander. It just about killed me when Daryl started crying. :sad: I hope he doesn't go to crazytown like Rick did.

Yep, it showed how twisted the Governor is. He could have shot Merle in the head and spared him turning into a zombie.
    He wanted Merle to be a subhuman, mindless thing. When Daryl pushed his brother, it was just like an angry little boy pushing an older sibling. It was really well acted. I think Daryl, Merle, Michonne are much stronger mentally than Rick...Maybe Carol will give him Daryl some loving now.

How cool was that pied piper like drive Merle took with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a bunch of walkers following behind. Way to go down in a blaze of glory.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would say it, but Merle went out a HERO!

Can't wait for next week's episode! :happy:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    What an episode! I cried like a baby watching Daryl cry :sad:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    The finale is titled "Welcome to the Tombs". In a sneak peek on The Talking Dead you see the gang from Woodbury in the prison yard; which is interestingly devoid of walkers. Think they have set a trap for them in the tombs with the walkers?
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Can you talk about the COOLEST zombie kill of the show so far?!?!?! Michonne using her restraints like a garrote and chopping that zombie's head off?? Best. Zombie. Kill. Ever.

I love the description of Merle like the Pied Piper. At first when he was just sitting there drinking and blasting the music I thought "Is he trying to kill himself????" but he had a much better and more bad *kitten* plan!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Oh my god thank you! I said the exact same thing to my husband. I mean I'm sure there was a jewelry store around somewhere that had SOMETHING. I'd rather have no ring than a ring off a walker for crying out loud. To me that was just tacky.

I'm so happy they redeemed Merle before he died, but oh man. My heart literally sank for poor Daryl when he realized that was walker Merle in front of him. I too hope he's the one to kill the Gov., but for some reason, I think when they go to storm the prison next week, I don't think it's going to be a big huge fight like we all think it is. I do half expect to find Rick and the gang gone like someone else suggested. I'm just not sure how they'd finish off the Gov's storyline then.
    I don't think Daryl will go crazytown as someone else put it, but I do think he'll go to the cold and withdrawn stage until Carol can work some magic on him.

Maybe they don't want to finish off the Governor plot line in one season. He's proven to be good for the story and has definitely kept things interesting. Although it might start to wear thin by next season. From the two sneak peeks that I've seen for the season finale it doesn't look like there is a big battle but apparently in interviews Andrew Lincoln has confirmed that there will be MAJOR deaths in the season 3 finale. Eeeeeekkkk!!! I can't wait to see it.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just hope they don't kill off Daryl. Norman Reedus makes that show for me and while I'd still watch without him, I don't think it would have the same enjoyment.

Any predictions?

*edit to add: God I hope they don't drag the Gov. into next season; I'm sick of him at this point. He's as good at making me hate that character as the guy that played Shane was.