How to Increase Bench Press Fast

Options
eglinjoe
eglinjoe Posts: 8 Member
I have been weight lifting for quite a while. I have been able to increase my max weight with most muscle groups except for my chest. My bench press is quite pathetic for my size (230lbs, 6'3" and I lift about 135-185)....any tricks or other weight lifting exercises that might help to increase my max weight I can lift that work, and might be fast too.

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    A little more info might be helpful here. 135-185 is a HUGE range! What is your actual max lift, and for how many reps?
  • carlwhitley
    Options
    There are no tricks, as such.

Do you do standing military press? If not, put that in your routine.

As Rayman said - more information needed. Current max/reps, what your routine is at the minute.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Work more triceps, and back. You'll see strength gains in your bench...
  • elijah2965
    Options
    sheer grunt and determination do it hard like a kiwi or go home Drop sets may help heaviest to fail ( who said that word ) then drop your weight and do it again all the way down to 30 odd
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Work more triceps, and back. You'll see strength gains in your bench...

This + learning proper bench technique utilising your whole body with hip drive will get your numbers up.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Form may be off. Post a form video.
    What program are you running?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Arching my back has helped me a lot.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My barbell bench press has stalled, but I'm making decent gains in dumbbell bench press. Check to see where you're at with the DBs and that might yield more information about where you're pecs are in relation to other muscle groups?
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i dont know if you even know how to bench press the right way,be it flat or slight arch or full on arch....but if you know grip positions keeping your elbows in and all the good stuff like pulling the bar and white knuckleing then i suggest this bench twice a week say on wendesday bench heavy up to a heavy triple or heavy triples after perform closegirlps and inclien db then on saturdaybench illegal grip for 2 sets of 6 then do 3 triceps moves 3 sets of 15 each also make sure your at the very least squating heavy or deadlifting heavy to help accent this ......do this for 6 weeks then test a max double see how that goes take the next week a little lighter then attempt a max out .....anyway take it or leave it i bench 350 raw deadlift 635 and squat over 5 all raw drug free....im 5'8 and on a diet lol i use to be small then i got bigger now im trying to find the happy median for now................if you need to fresh up on your form check youtube powerproject thats a good place