Parker is loosing his hearing - CROCK OF BULL!

Options
LoosingMyLast15
LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
hubby thinks parker (my mal mix) is loosing his hearing. he startles very easily yes when i whisper who wants a cookie you better believe he's the first one at the cookie jar. lol

Replies

• spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Your husband is the first at the cookie jar? Mine would be too.

Our dog is not so food motivated. She really picks and chooses. Sometimes you give her a biscuit, she will put it on the floor and look up at you like "I know you've got something better coming, I saw you pull steak out of the freezer. Hand it over".

A check up at the vet though is probably not a bad idea. Just in case :-)
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My husky has selective hearing. :)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    my husband usually is the first at the cookie jar but that only happens when he beats parker to it (i have my human cookie jar and my fur baby cookie jar next to each other). i did check with the doctor and she said most likely his hearing is going which i'm okay with however i'm telling you the dog has selective hearing. he's not very food motivated either but he WILL gladly accept the cookie. his favorite game is to place the cookie in front of him then watches his sister devour hers. once she's done with hers he just stars at her as if to say go ahead try to take my cookie see what happens. she's a piggy and is highly food motivated.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Yeah, ours all have 'husky hearing' - there are a few magic words that have a higher chance of them listening - "bed", "treat" and "dinner". All need to be used wisely though lol!