Check in...How is everyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Our group has been around for almost 3 months. But it's getting pretty quiet in here! lol.

We started around the beginning of January. And we all know that, statistically, most people who start out to get healthy on January 1st quit by the end of the month. (And we've all probably been one of those statistics---more than once!)

So who is still here? How are you doing? Let's do a quick check in.

Starting weight (SW)

Current Weight (CW)

Goal Weight (GW)

What are your successes with food?---- Eating healthier

What are your struggles with food?
    Getting chocolate out for the most part

What are your successes with exercise?----Getting a gym Membership

What are your struggles with exercise?
    Knee injuries stopping more intense workouts

Any NSVs (non scale victories) to share?---Fitting into a stadium seat, having to buy smaller pants, underwear are too big, everyone notiving im smaller, my brother able to pick me up.

Products, websites, or other things you've found? Share links if we can join you!
    www.fatbettycrocker.weebly.com

By the way...we have about 200 members in the group, but we only hear from about 15 or 20. Every week or two, I go through and delete anyone who has not logged in to MFP (not this board) in more than a month.
  • watchthis1970
    watchthis1970 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (SW) 274 had started about 4 days before signing up for MFP
    Current Weight (CW) 252
    Goal Weight (GW) 165
    What are your successes with food? We have always ate healthy, but have really focused on portion control. I have one single full pop since the first of January, I wasn't feeling well and needed bubbles.

What are your struggles with food? CARBS!! CHOCOLATE!

What are your successes with exercise? My husband and I have been going to the YMCA regularly and have started back walking and running with my Couch to 5K app, Run Double . We are signing up for a 5K in May so I am also starting to walk every other day with the Runtastic App to work on pacing myself for the distance,
    What are your struggles with exercise? Balancing my weights and strength excercises with Cardio.

Any NSVs (non scale victories) to share? I have alot of pants that now fit, that didn't fit when I started. I have two pairs that I am starting to dry, that had never seen the inside of the dryer.
    Products, websites, or other things you've found? Share links if we can join you! Double Run application on my phone and Runtastic app on my phone. Love the option on MFP of being able to add my recipes and have calories calculated.

My husband has been on here as well tracking daily and he has been a big motivation. He has officially lost 46 pounds and is now running 4 miles a night. I consider that a NSV for me as well. Since he is tracking too, he realizes how important portion control is and the same thing for exercise.
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 3/28/13 236.6

Current Weight 4/4/13 236.6

Goal Weight 150

What are your successes with food? I have been able to control proportions and eliminate sugar on the average daily basis.

What are your struggles with food? Trigger salty foods. I do not eat or eat erratically. Tracking on here.

What are your successes with exercise? I have just acquired a few programs to start next week when they get here, and I have made it a daily goal to be active somehow for 30 minutes a day outside of "cleaning" or whatever. renewed our YMCA membership

What are your struggles with exercise? Scheduling issues, and remembering. I need to reset my alarms.

Any NSVs (non scale victories) to share? I have begun to start small daily goals working on the mental and emotional side of things.