Ni no kuni

Options
dsmpunk
dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
Anyone pick this up yet? I usually wait for games to drop below 40$ before I buy, but I think I may acutally put 60$ into this game.

Replies

• pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I played it as soon as it came out. I haven't beat it yet (personal quirk, I almost never finish games) but it's amazing. The style is beautiful and the gameplay itself is a lot of fun. Definitely recommend it if you're into that sort of thing :)
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If my ps3 didn't die I would have.
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I bought this - haven't finished it yet because I recently went on a game-buying spree only to be in the mood to play FFXIII.

The animations are beautiful and the story is interesting. If you are a fan of Studio Ghibli [Kiki's delivery Service, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc] you'll love this game! The beginning of the game is about 75% movie and 25% gameplay. I didn't get much further than the first "boss" so I don't know if the movie to gameplay ratio changes, which I did not mind because occasionally I like that type of game.... [if you've ever played Xenosaga you'll know what I'm talking about.]
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    The animations are beautiful and the story is interesting. If you are a fan of Studio Ghibli [Kiki's delivery Service, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc] you'll love this game! The beginning of the game is about 75% movie and 25% gameplay. I didn't get much further than the first "boss" so I don't know if the movie to gameplay ratio changes, which I did not mind because occasionally I like that type of game.... [if you've ever played Xenosaga you'll know what I'm talking about.]

I have to say I love this type of game! I will be buying it as soon as I have the funds, or Amazon drops the price below £30
  • dsmpunk
    Options
    Bought it and its amazing. The game to movie ratio does start picking up pretty much after the first boss fight. There are all sorts of side quests you can do once you get to the first town.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Is there a demo? It looks amazing enough to make me plug the PS3 back in but I'm too picky when it comes to JRPG battle systems!
  • dsmpunk
    Options
    Yeah there is a demo. It has somewhat of an action JRPG feel to the battle system, but its relatively traditional.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Yeah there is a demo. It has somewhat of an action JRPG feel to the battle system, but its relatively traditional.

I just played the demo and it's convinced me to order it off of Amazon after the bank holiday weekend. The world map is just gorgeous.
  • milk6
    milk6 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    allo Ive just joined as I saw this thread. I've just finished it and LOVED every hour. Great thing is when it's finished it's..not. There's heaps of stuff to continue with so you dont have to weep over the credits.
    Enjoy!
  • zombiesama
    Options
    allo Ive just joined as I saw this thread. I've just finished it and LOVED every hour. Great thing is when it's finished it's..not. There's heaps of stuff to continue with so you dont have to weep over the credits.
    Enjoy!

Good to know, just got another ps3 and this game and I'm enjoying every moment of it so far.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's games like this that make me miss having a console (I'm mostly a PC gamer.) Too bad it's not cross platform :sad:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I don't like how the game reads like a 'first-timer' RPG; there's SO much introduction/tutorial in the beginning that while my husband was playing, I fell asleep beside him on the couch. Needs more doing!

Beautiful graphics and gameplay thus far, though.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    It's games like this that make me miss having a console (I'm mostly a PC gamer.) Too bad it's not cross platform :sad:

Me too! I love Studio Ghibli films and would love to have had a go at this.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just started this a few nights ago, it's incredible. :love:

Instead of fearing it'll keep me from my workouts, I'm using it as a reward for after gym sessions. I'm only a few hours in, just beat my third boss. :smokin:
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Finished it not too long after it came out. It's a lovely JRPG, despite the story leaving me a bit cold (which happens with 99% of JRPG's admittedly). The world and characters are too beautiful and charming for that to spoil the experience, though.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    got it this weekend and have been playing it every day since, like the reviews state above just completely beautiful the story itself is pretty child geared but not a bad story, interesting take on things. The battle system is cool different its a good mix between action and traditional. I think ive gotten past about 4 or 5 bosses now, looking forward to playing to completion
  • zombiesama
    Options
    All the post game stuff is pretty cool too!(not saying much more as it would be a spoiler)
  • karyta
    karyta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love this game, I beat it in a week, I played the demo and hated it! But I decided to buy it because I love RPGs. So glad I did, awesome.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm a fan of Studio Ghibli, and there are rumours of this being released on 3DS too. If they do I'm definitely buying it :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I'm so envious! I hope it eventually comes to PC.