Other Exercise

Options
What other exercise do people do along with Insanity? On week 3 and I have only been doing Insanity, I feel I want to start running again as I really enjoy it and always have. My wife has signed us both up for an introduction at the local Gym, I would like to use the treadmill there. How often should I go? I don't want to compromise the Insanity workouts that I do each morning, but would love to increase my fitness and go to the Gym in the evening. Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• BarryWilson1108
    BarryWilson1108 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I play football every Saturday and although I am a member of a gym I haven''t been since I started insanity. I will probably start back there next week, just a couple of times a week to do a bit of strength training. Would imagine it can only help - plus jacuzzi and sauna there will be a help to muscles.
  • MrGuitarDude
    Options
    Jogging, hiking, deadlifts, and snowboarding for me... soon I will be adding swimming to that.
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    I don't do too much outside of Insanity but it's just because of time. I am so busy that I usually only have time for the one workout but I do walk the dog daily and if I have a chance I'll throw in other Beachbody program workouts I love, like from Turbo Fire.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    When I can fit it in on my days off from work I will Inline Skate, go to the gym, do one of Jillian's workouts, or do TAE BO along with Insanity.
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Like the responses so far. I'm thinking of adding back my stationary bike, I tried it a few days ago but my legs were too tired...
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    Like the responses so far. I'm thinking of adding back my stationary bike, I tried it a few days ago but my legs were too tired...
    The recovery day might be a good day to try this on, as that is the lighter workout for the week. This is usually the day that I get my 10 mile Skate in.
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I do yoga in the morning, insanity in the evening.