Team Bob- Week 11 Challenge

Options
6mimi
6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
This is it team!:bigsmile: You made it!! We are on the very last week of this challenge and you never quit or gave in and I am so proud of you!!!!!!

Let's give this last week our all and go out with a bang. I don't want our momentum to go down. I want us to finish strong to show the other teams that we mean business and this is not just a challenge, but a healthy lifestyle for life!!!

For this week we are going to re-do our week one challenge. I want us to give it our best and see how far we have come since first starting this competition. That first week we had over 150 posts on our week 1 challenge. Let's all participate and see if we can even top that number for awesome group participation. Are you in? There are 22 health points possible each day. Log on here to let us know how your day went and to support your team. Go Team Bob!!:heart:

On to the Challenge....
We are going to see how many healthy points we can add up!! Each day give yourself:

1 point - If you contact one of your teammates. Like I said earlier, support is key to our success. Just a simple "Awesome workout" is great support.

3 points - If you drink 64 oz. of water

3 points - If you eat 2 servings of fruit for the day

5 points - If you eat 3 servings of veggies for the day

5 points - If you logged your food diary and stayed within your calorie goals

5 points - If you got at least 30 minutes of exercise for the day (it doesn't matter intensity or if it was all at once)

Replies

• 6mimi
    Options
    I just wanted to share this recipe I found today that sounds yummy. It is called Stuffed Cabbage Stratta.:happy:

This is a featured recipe taken from The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook by Chef Devin Alexander.

I grew up eating a version of this dish that my mom called “cabbage casserole.” I really wanted to include my version in this book because it is one of those surprisingly tasty dishes that is perfect for people who, like me, love to eat large portions but want to stay healthy. One serving is a huge amount of food, particularly for the amount of fat and calories. Please don’t substitute ground turkey here. It won’t complement the dish. Though I actually prefer chicken in this dish, you can also use 96% lean ground beef.

Olive oil spray
    8 slices center-cut bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
    1-1⁄4 cups minced yellow onions
    1 cup uncooked instant brown rice (or instant white rice in a pinch)
    6 cups shredded green cabbage
    1-1⁄2 pounds extra-lean ground chicken breast
    1⁄2 teaspoon salt
    1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt added tomato sauce
    3⁄4 cup water
    Hot sauce, to taste (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray an 8x8-inch (at least 2-1⁄4 inches deep) ovenproof glass or ceramic casserole or baking dish with the olive oil spray. Line a dinner plate with a paper towel.

Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until the bacon is cooked and starting to crisp on the edges. Transfer the bacon to the lined plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the skillet.

Add the onions and rice to the skillet and place over medium heat. Cook in the bacon fat, stirring, until the onions are tender and the rice is just starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.

Spread 3 cups of the cabbage in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with the rice mixture, forming an even layer.

Add the chicken, salt and pepper to the skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, but leaving some large chunks, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to the casserole dish to form another even layer. Spread the remaining 3 cups cabbage over the chicken.

Discard any liquid from the skillet and add the tomato sauce and water. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. With a ladle or large spoon, carefully spoon the sauce evenly over the casserole, being sure that the dish does not overflow. Lay the bacon pieces evenly on top of the cabbage.

Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer, or until the cabbage and rice are tender and the strata is heated through. Let stand 5 minutes to set. Cut into 6 equal pieces and serve with hot sauce on the side, if desired.

Makes 6 servings.

Per serving: 271 calories, 32 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 75 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 462 mg sodium.
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    1-point=encourage team mates
    3-points=10, 8oz glasses water
    3-points=3 fruits (clementine,blackberries,red grapes,apple)
    5-points=3 vegetables (celery, carrot,cucumber, mexican mixed vegetables)
    5-points=45 minutes stregnth training
    5-points=logging and staying under calories
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    19 points for the day.. No fresh fruit today. I had dried blueberries, and cranberries.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    3-points=3 fruits (clementine,blackberries,red grapes,apple)
    5-points=3 vegetables (celery, carrot,cucumber, mexican mixed vegetables)

A+! Go Carrie! Way to start the week off!:bigsmile:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    19 points for the day.. No fresh fruit today. I had dried blueberries, and cranberries.

Those dried fruits count too MsEye! It sounds like you had a great day!!! Congratulations again on your big loss this week!:heart:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I admit it... I did horrible today team.:sad: I was staying right on track and then some major stress happened and I started to binge eat sweets. My daughter has been dealing with something huge, my husband got some bad blood results in the mail and my little boy isn't feeling well. It really made me reflect on how much work I still have left to do with my emotional eating.
    I did eat my fruit, drink my water, log my food and encourage team mates. I didn't stay under calories, get intentional exercise or eat all my veggies. I could have (and will tomorrow) do much better!

7 points:embarassed:
  • hanginrailranch
    hanginrailranch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    good job
  • hanginrailranch
    Options
  • 6mimi
    Options

Nice work Judy! What type of strength training did you do? Are you still doing that yoga that you told me about too? Great start to your week!!:happy:
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This challenge looks great! Sorry I missed it yesterday. I will be on board today! :)

Tuesday

1 point - Support Teammate

3 points - 64 oz. of water

0 points - Only had a banana :(

0 points - Only had edamame and the veggies in my sushi.

5 points - Logged all foods and stayed under calls.

5 points - 1.5 hours of exercise
  • 6mimi
    Options
    This challenge looks great! Sorry I missed it yesterday. I will be on board today! :)

Tuesday

0 points - Only had a banana :(

0 points - Only had edamame and the veggies in my sushi.

5 points - 1.5 hours of exercise

Wow! That was a ton of great exercise! Excellent!! I've never had edamame. Is it good?
  • 6mimi
    Options
    mfpjillian1tip_zpseca076f9.jpg
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Support team=1 point
    water 72 oz.=3 points
    fruit (apple, pineapple)=3 points
    vegetables ( lettuce, onion, pepper,broccoli. cauliflower and mixed vegetables)=5 points
    exercise =0 points ( I see the doc. tomarrow I have a sinus infection and have had a head ache behind my eyes all day)
    logging calories and staying under=5 points

total points17
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Another 19 point day!! No fruits at all. Although, I had two glasses of red wine..
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Support team=1 point
    water 72 oz.=3 points
    fruit (apple, pineapple)=3 points
    vegetables ( lettuce, onion, pepper,broccoli. cauliflower and mixed vegetables)=5 points
    exercise =0 points ( I see the doc. tomarrow I have a sinus infection and have had a head ache behind my eyes all day)
    logging calories and staying under=5 points

total points17

Nice job on your day! I'm sorry about your sinus infection. I could tell you weren't feeling well this morning. I hope you are feeling better soon!:heart:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Another 19 point day!! No fruits at all. Although, I had two glasses of red wine..

:laugh: Hey! I'm sure that wine had a couple of servings of grapes in it!! Fantastic job MsEye!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Support the team - 1
    got my water - 3
    got my fruit - 3
    short on my veggies -0
    logged and stayed under calories- 5
    did pilates for my exercise - 5

Not a perfect score but much better than yesterday!:tongue:
  • hanginrailranch
    Options
    WED

a good day today!

1 point - keeping in touch and thanks for folks who check in w me

3 points - If you drink 64 oz. of water and still drinking

3 points -had 3 servings....a big one for me

5 points ate my veggies today--another big one for me

5 points - checked in

5 points - had a 3 miles walk today...felt great!
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

0 points - Two bananas

0 points - 2 servings of broccoli and one serving of brussels sprouts

5 points - 1 hour of exercise on treadmill. I let fitbit log it
  • 6mimi
    Options
    WED

a good day today!

1 point - keeping in touch and thanks for folks who check in w me

3 points - If you drink 64 oz. of water and still drinking

3 points -had 3 servings....a big one for me

5 points ate my veggies today--another big one for me

5 points - checked in

5 points - had a 3 miles walk today...felt great!

That was an excellent day Judy!:happy: Fantastic job on that 3 mile walk!