Ladies doing Body Beast

Options
kel7298
kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
I only have dumbbells, a bench, and band with door attachment. I have heard this is all I need. True? What size weights did you start out with and what day and size you are currently using? Do you love it? Are you seeing the results you hoped for?

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't help with the ladies portion of it, but I can tell you about the equipment..
    Dumbbells are a must. I have some ladies in my group that are doing it with me and most of them are using 5-15 lbs.. Some maybe using more, but that was all I've seen at the moment. To be honest, you will probably progress well beyond that 15 lb quickly, so expect to get more weights later on.
    You do need the bench or a stability ball. Just make sure your bench is sturdy. There are moves where you stand on it with one foot while holding weights, so you don't anything wobbly under you.
    The door attachment and band are a decent replacement for a chin up bar. That is when they use theirs. If you have a chin up bar, then the band isn't needed.
    They also use an EZ Curl bar and plates for certain moves. If you have done Les Mills Pump, or have a normal weight lifing bar, then the bar and weights from that will work just as well as an EZ Curl bar.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • lmunion
    lmunion Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been doing Body Beast for three weeks now and I love it. I started of with no weights to about 5 pds (depending on the exercise) until I got comfortable with it. Now I am up to 15/20 pounds and I am planning on moving up to 25 pounds in the next week. I have firmed up and I am a lot stronger. It's pretty good program.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This sounds cool gonna look it up
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the amount of time each program takes daily? I looked online and didn't see that info anywhere. How would you compare this to P90X? I've done P90X several times and liked it, but also like to add variety to my work outs.
    thanks!
  • Sweating_glitter
    Options
    Hello. I'm on day 3 of the program. My weights used are 5, 10 and 12. I also don't have a bench so I use a stability ball and it works out great. For the pull ups I have a bar that only hooks up when I need it. I'm doing Body Beast with TurboFire to keep cardio in my training schedule. Each Body Beast workout is around 40-45 minuts so adding a TurboFire HIIT or even Fire30 is easy.

@ Mariacolumbus - I actually think that this differs a great deal from P90X. P90X is suprisingly more cardio based as you keep moving from move to move and never complete a single move more than twice during a workout. In BodyBeast your heart rate is going up but it's from doing the same move in different sets (so the same move 4-5 times). I wanted to do BodyBeast because to me P90X (even though it says 60 minutes long) is really only like 30 when you take out all the talking. I was finding myself fast fowarding through all the talking in P90X far too much to stand. In Body Beast he doesn't sit there and talk - you do the moves and your done.

Anyone else doing BodyBeast can friend me ;-)
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm on day 3 of the program. My weights used are 5, 10 and 12. I also don't have a bench so I use a stability ball and it works out great. For the pull ups I have a bar that only hooks up when I need it. I'm doing Body Beast with TurboFire to keep cardio in my training schedule. Each Body Beast workout is around 40-45 minuts so adding a TurboFire HIIT or even Fire30 is easy.

@ Mariacolumbus - I actually think that this differs a great deal from P90X. P90X is suprisingly more cardio based as you keep moving from move to move and never complete a single move more than twice during a workout. In BodyBeast your heart rate is going up but it's from doing the same move in different sets (so the same move 4-5 times). I wanted to do BodyBeast because to me P90X (even though it says 60 minutes long) is really only like 30 when you take out all the talking. I was finding myself fast fowarding through all the talking in P90X far too much to stand. In Body Beast he doesn't sit there and talk - you do the moves and your done.

Anyone else doing BodyBeast can friend me ;-)

Good info....thanks!