PCOS, Diabetic, Hypertensive..... 26 years old

Hello all! I am new to the group, but wanted to jump right in! I am 26 years old, I have severe PCOS (very cycstic) and that creates problems when you are trying to get preggo. I am back on MFP because a friend is persistant and she loves me, and it is time for me to do better with my life ;) . I would like to get to know everyone, your story. Add me, lets chat!

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Welcome to the group! I'm 31 years old and I was just recently in the past 2 months diagnosed with PCOS. I had always had issues with my weight, blood preasure, heavy periods, and then when I was in my mid 20's I started to get hair on my chin and under my chin. DR would always yell at me for my weight and tell me to loose the weight. I lost it twice but came back on. about 10 months ago my husband and I had decided to try for a baby, and in 5 months I had put on 35 lbs. I new something had to be wrong even if DR's would just claim it was me. While I was gaining the weight I was working out 5 days a week for 45 minutes. Watching what I was eating but not tracking, so I really shouldn't have gained that much weight in that little amount of time.
    I switched DR's and this DR has PCOS herself and recognized all of the symptoms, she put me on Metformin and now a little less that 2 months later I am 7 lbs away from my weight before going off of birth control!

Feel free to Add me! I love having other PCOS friends on MFP as most of us have to eat the same way and understand the frustrations.
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Welcome! I'm 25 and my PCOS is severe also...my androgens are off the charts and my ovaries grow very quickly off of meds, and instead of a "string of pearls" they look more like a cup of caviar, lol! I'm not overweight but I get acne like nobody's business and I've gone through most of the other symptoms as well. I had one miscarriage but am not currently ttc. I'm using MFP mostly to have a support network and improve my eating habits, but I'm happy to cheer on the other ladies who are here to lose weight.

All of my friends on MFP are women, and almost all have PCOS....I love that because I feel like we can just put it all out there- a lot of our problems are not pretty! But there is a great group of ladies on here. I wish you the best! I'm sending you a friend request.