Team Dolvett - Week 11 & Final Challenge

Options
dillyg08
dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
Dolvetters,

We embarked on this journey together January 8, 2013. As this chapter comes to an end, let’s reflect on what worked for us and what didn’t; what is it I need to do from here on out to make a difference. Let’s all share, because we can all learn from each other.

Now …….Inhale & Exhale…….and pat yourselves on the back, because regardless of the outcome, you all did amazing.

I want you all to find that challenge that was posted over the past few weeks that really worked the most for you, and apply it alongside all the lessons learned for our last and final challenge.

Let’s give it your all. Have yourselves a marvelous week! :flowerforyou:

BIG CHEER…GO TEAM DOLVETT!!!!!!

Replies

• dillyg08
    Options
    I know what I’m suppose to do, but weight loss is not an easy journey, especially when you’re not getting any younger.

What worked for me is feeding off others energy, sometimes I really don’t feel like working out and when I see some great burns from my team makes it motivates me to get up and do something. On top of that you’re been rewarded by them cheering you on. It is such a great feeling. I’m so appreciative of this forum and the friends I gained thoughout this journey. Thank you all.

What I need to do from here on out is be more consistent and I think my goal will be in striking distance. I started at 187lbs and as of today I’m 178.4lbs.

I’m gonna give it my all this week and mix up my work out with a little bit of everything that I can remember from previous weeks. Burning 2,500 calories, doing 50 sit ups and drinking 8 glasses of water is high on my list.

Take care, luv ya! :heart:
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge Dilly!!

For me, I think my strength is getting good burns in. Working out is no problem for me. If I didn't work out, I would definitely be twice my size...Lol.

My weakness is now and has always been my eating. I have to adjust my eating habits. I never would consider the types of foods I was eating and I think that's what preventing me from losing weight at a steady pace. This past week, I have made an effort to start paying close attention to my food choices.
  • dillyg08
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge Dilly!!

For me, I think my strength is getting good burns in. Working out is no problem for me. If I didn't work out, I would definitely be twice my size...Lol.

My weakness is now and has always been my eating. I have to adjust my eating habits. I never would consider the types of foods I was eating and I think that's what preventing me from losing weight at a steady pace. This past week, I have made an effort to start paying close attention to my food choices.

You're welcome Bridget. Food is a weakness for me too, especially sweets. The good thing is we are aware and we are able to catch ourselves and make some adjustments. It doesn't matter how small it is, it does make a difference.

You are doing great, keep on keeping on.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have no problem working out anymore..but I have been challenged in my eating habits and have let them slip in the past few weeks. I have a get together on Friday nite, but will do my best the rest of the week to keep it together and get out of my stall.

Thanks for the last challenge!!!
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dilly for this challenge! I am going to focus on drinking 8 glasses of water a day. I am sooo happy because I set a goal of losing 22lbs for this challenge and I am 2ozs away! So I reset my ticker for another 20 lbs. I have a long way to go, but mini goals tend to help me :happy: Lets finish strong team!!!e I hope everyone will join the new challenge!
  • dillyg08
    Options
    I have no problem working out anymore..but I have been challenged in my eating habits and have let them slip in the past few weeks. I have a get together on Friday nite, but will do my best the rest of the week to keep it together and get out of my stall.

Thanks for the last challenge!!!

Neongirl, that's good you have the workout strategy down. I can relate to the eating, but we have the tools for success, so we'll be ok.

Have fun at your function!
  • dillyg08
    Options
    Thanks Dilly for this challenge! I am going to focus on drinking 8 glasses of water a day. I am sooo happy because I set a goal of losing 22lbs for this challenge and I am 2ozs away! So I reset my ticker for another 20 lbs. I have a long way to go, but mini goals tend to help me :happy: Lets finish strong team!!!e I hope everyone will join the new challenge!

Congrats Joanne, that's a great accomplishment. Mini goals seems more realistic. Good luck in your goal.