So..four months out...

Options
johnlatte
johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
Sleeved on 11/20. Four months today. Not quite down the 50lbs that I wanted to be at this time. Been in a very long slow loss period. Not quite a stall, but only losing 5 lbs in the last month. Keeping my head up, but its getting a bit discouraging. I could have done this or better without the surgery. In fact I have many times......ugh...

Replies

• Maeiowa
    Maeiowa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey - you are better than me - I am 5 months out - surgery 10/19 - and I am down 40 pounds! I know I am healthier than I was a year ago when I was 80 pounds heavier! I exercise like crazy and feel good. I am a slow loser BUT I am a winner!

Keep your head up and we will win this!

(Please remind me of this when I get into a big time stall again, too)

Mae
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different, but if you are watching and trying you will lose. Goals are important to have but a healthier you is most important! I am 8 months out and have been at a plateau for nearly 2 months, but I believe I am going to reach my goal of another 51 pounds. Good luck to you.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135
    Options
    Don't compare your results to others becasue everyone is different. Just keep your eyes on the prize of a healthier, smaller you!
    And take measurements - you might have lost a ton of inches this month!!!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea to compare yourself with others, I started off doing that it got VERY discouraging!!! I am 4.5 months out and I have said the same thing, I could have done this good or better without the surgery, but guess what...I would NEVER have STUCK with it!!!! The sleeve is the best thing I have EVER done, I KNOW I would have given up by now...and health wise...well I FEEL Great!! Hang in there, slow is good at least you are still losing!! :) Also are you exercising?? If not I suggest you get out there, I noticed when I started walking I started losing a little more weight each week...by the way I am walking almost 8 miles each time I walk which is usually 3 to 4 days a week...and I LOVE it!!!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Always look at the measurements and inches, you may be surprised to see that your shrinking on that end. I'm only a few months father than you and some weeks I lose nothing despite my good eating and exercise, however I notice that my inches go down. Lately I have only lost a pound a week but I have gone down about half an inch off my waist/ hips in the last few weeks - my brand new pants are already loose on me.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    youre doing a great job....congratulations
  • Lchfnz
    Lchfnz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am the same and only almost 4 weeks post op! To date I have lost 4.8 kgs which is rather slow as the 1st week I lost 3 of those kilos. I lost more doing the pre diet optifast in this time period than i have post op so I totally understand your feelings. I keep telling myself I wouldn't have kept up with the pre op diet though going on past experiences over the years so that has been the thing that has kept me going so far but it does play mind games on me thats for sure!!!!
  • trina5251
    Options
    Thanks for sharing because I am at a stall and was wondering if it was just me.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Everybody loses at a different rate. Make sure to get all your protein and water daily and don't let your calories get too low or you will go into starvation mode (yes it's real, didn't believe myself till it happened to me). Hang in there. It's called a journey for a reason. It takes time to get to where we need to be. :tongue:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It's hard not to compare to others who had the sleeve but don't. Everyone looses at a different rate. Make sure you are getting at leat 80 grams of protein in a day and at least 80 oz of water in a day. That really helps. Exercising for only 30 minutes helps alot too. Just walking helps.
    You are doing great. Everyone has stalls along the way too. The less you weigh, the slower the weight comes off also.
    Good luck!