March 18 - March 24

preshusgem
preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
Hello ladies!

I know I'm late in starting a new thread...better late than never, right?

Hope you're all pressing play in whichever programs that are going to bring out the best in you. I have started Week 13 today of Turbo Fire with Fire 60. All I can say is wow...I felt lost like I did in my 1st week. I got a great burn...it just seemed a little slower pace than the other Fire's. Looking forward to doing it again at the end of this week.

Abs 10 was a killer. OMG. I know it's 5 minute less than Ab Ripper X but I still had difficulty with. I still have lots of "insulation" over my ab muscles and I was really struggling. We'll see tomorrow how much pain my abs will be tomorrow.

Have an awesome hump day today!

Replies

• lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Thanks for starting the thread! I did my 4:30am workout this morning...and I got off the metro a few stops from my job and walked to work. I was so refreshed...now as the day is wearing down I am pooped! I am feeling much better now that I am back in my routine of working out and eating better. HInce the word better, because I still have my days, but that is life! So for the next two days, I am trying to just consume fruits and veggies and protein (just testing my will and my faith a little bit). I have to say it is a struggle, but I am praying on it and keeping my focus. I think about the folks that have gone on juice fasts for months....more power to them, I couldn't do it. Well ladies, I get off work in two hours and then head to internship.........and them home to my protein shake and mattress (in that order!). Later ladies!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Hi ladies, Sorry I have been MIA. I just need to stand back and look at myself for a few days. The scale going up on monday really freaked me out. In reality though it might not have gone up that much. I upped my cals to net 1800 two weeks ago and that may have increased some of my weight but I just realized that TOM is comming when I spotted today. Another thought i had is I have been doing lots of lifting and heavy lifting so maybe "muscle". My scale said I gained and yet my body still reads the same inches that I had lost. So...... well I am hoping anyway.
    You know I said I used to log by hand on my days before MFP and went by beachbody formula when I started. I went back and looked at my book to see what I was doing and you know what, I ate. I ate all the time and somedays I logged 2400 cals. usually that week at the end I would have a loss. When I started MFP, things just got confusing. It was like I just threw everything I knew out the window and did what they said to do. Now I am not knocking MFP, I just didn't lose and I didn't understand why. I feel like MFP has a great data base for logging but you need to know what you are doing up front and do custom setting in order to get it. I know MFP has worked for somepeople I am just telling you it didn't help me yet. :( I am still going to be doing what I am doing and I wanted to say thank you for your support it really means alot to me. I ment when I said about quitting that I was done logging not done working out I have really come to like my workouts. However, I am not really ready to not log. I just need to get a handle on the whole macros thing. Another MFP quirk. currently I am doing 45/40/25 when I look at what mfp had me it was very general and didn't pertain to my body. I think it was 50/30/25. Here is a really good link I came across:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
    I truly hope that some of my frustrations have helped you and made you feel better to understand that everyone goes through things that will make or brake them in the living healthy world. I also want to tell you pics really make a difference I looked back at my before pics and see where I have changed. I do have a long way to go but there are changes you can see. So keep pushing play!!! One day, one pound, one workout at a time. :) Goodnight and sorry this is so long just wanted all my friends to know :-D
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Well... I guess I'm in the market for a new middle-weight band. Mid-way through Burn Circuit 3, my middle weight band SNAPPED and almost hit me in the face! Holy cow! I guess maybe I was stretching it too much for the weight it was? I think I'll go buy a 15 lb band and see if they're comparable. I have a 25 lb band that's slightly heavier than the "heavy" band, so i figure 15 would be a good mid-point.

Vini- I've found that the "diet" part of "diet and exercise" is by FAR the hardest part of losing weight. I've fiddled with my macros a few times, and I'm still working on it. It's 50, 25, 25 right now. I know it's a lot of carbs, but I just feel so drained if I don't get enough of them. I think everyone's metabolism is different, so it would make sense that no two of us should eat exactly the same. I know I can follow a diet plan, but trying to get the numbers right is a real pain.
  • Vini9
    Hi ladies, I did fire 45 and CLX extreme abs. I did CLX lean 1 yesterday and bonked myself on the head. I remember Melzy saying she did this once and I thought how do you do that? Well let me tell you! When you are lowering the weight and not paying attention (looking at the tv) I lowered it right onto the top of my head! It didn't hurt to bad but man I felt stupid :( It was a 25 lb mental kind. One plus nobody saw me do it :)
    @ Jeni-wow that really sucks about your bands, that would be scary. I had it happen to me once but I kinda thought it might happen, as my band was already tearing. So I was more prepared. Good thing It didn't hit you that would have sucked.
    Keep pushing play ladies & make it a great weekend. :-D
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who manages to punch, bonk or poke myself during my workouts!! Yesterday was my rest day, and I felt fine. However, this morning I was reeeally sore. My scale also says that I magically gained 3 lbs overnight. I swear I'm getting ready to throw that thing away. I let it mess with my head too much. I know I need to focus on inches lost, but when I see the scale numbers go up again, it sends me into a bit of a panic.

I did Burn Circuit 2 today. I still can't manage to do a tricep pushup. They make my arms go all wobbly, and I end up almost falling on my face.
  • preshusgem
    Hello ladies,

I just did Upper 20. Ugh. I have weak shoulders. I used bands thinking that I could do it. Ha! Next time, I'll stick to hand weights or lighter bands.

I misplaced my watch to my HRM. The last time I used it was 2 days ago when I did Lower 20 and I was literally crawling on all 4's up the stairs cuz my legs were so numb. I mean, it shouldn't be too hard to find...it's bright pink.

Anyway, have a great Sunday everyone! I'm started my week long birthday celebration today with a 2:00 Ultimate Margarita from Friday's. It was delicious but I ended up sleeping for 4 hours today (actually, more like pass out). LOL.

Take care ladies!
  • preshusgem
    Hello ladies,

Quick question for those of you who have done P90X: Which do you find to be more difficult....Ab Ripper X or Abs 10? I have done Abs 10 twice now and I think it's harder than Ab Ripper X? Does anyone agree with me?

So far, in these Advanced classes...I know I have weak shoulders (I hated Upper 20) and I have lots of fat on my ab muscles that I need to get rid of.

Good night all!
  • Vini9
    Hi ladies I did CLX lean 1 and TF HIIT 20 fun times :( LOL Stel, you made my night. :) I hope you have a great Birthday and week long celebration. I did P90X abs and I thought Abs 10 was harder too!!! I did do it the other night just to see if I was stronger and I was :) But man is Tony more annoying then ever. It also proved to me that I will NOT be doing P90X for a while. or muting that man. I didn't feel like starting a new week. So if anybody doesn't tomro I will. G-nite ladies