Crossfit Fails

Options
Mummyadams
Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
Hit me up with your fails at the box:

Here's mine this morning:

Put weights on the barbell but forgot to collar them - amid loud yelling I luckily realised before injuring my spotters - doh!

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Options
    Really - I'm the only one?
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Nothing this week... but a couple weeks ago, I hit myself in the face with the bar three days in a row. Twice in the chin while doing push jerks, and once in the nose while doing a thruster. I guess it's good that I'm keeping the bar close to my body, but I really need to quit hitting myself in the face.
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I caught a wall ball with my face and gave myself a fat lip a few weeks ago. I also was doing a pull-up with a band and it slipped off my foot and came up and smacked me in the crotch. Oh well, I still love it.
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    I caught a wall ball with my face and gave myself a fat lip a few weeks ago. I also was doing a pull-up with a band and it slipped off my foot and came up and smacked me in the crotch. Oh well, I still love it.
    band in the crotch = ouch!
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    YES! i've had a wall ball to the face! LOL
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    I do band-assisted pullups and I was so exhausted doing Fran during Tuesday's warm-up that I snatched my foot out a bit too roughly and got popped in the face with it.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I always end up getting hit in the face by a wall ball everytime they're in the workout!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I slid off the back of the seat on the rowing machine....:embarassed:
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I accidentally make out with the ball during wall balls on a regular basis. Smash, right in the kisser.

Also, I dropped a 30 pound barbell on my foot this week.

Oh, and my cleavage gets in the way and I'll hit my chest with the bar doing power cleans. Totally hot.
  • Ickle_Star
    Ickle_Star Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pushed my hips too much when doing a clean and the bar got a taste of pubic bone.
    Was hurting so bad but didn't want to go into the "I really need to pee" pose. :-/
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I hit myself in the face with wall balls every time. Snapped myself in the crotch with the band, almost fell over trying to pick up my jump rope, hit myself in the crotch doing hang cleans, and gave myself rope burn on my crotch when coming down from a rope climb too quickly. Apparently my girly bits are getting in the way = P
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    and I've dropped the bar on my foot once. That probably hurt more than anything. It was a 45# bar doing snatches because I still cant add weight. Least.favorite.lift lol
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was so bruised from a day of power/hang cleans that I had to wear scarves to work for the rest of the week so people didn't think I got beat up.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Might not be the fail you guys are describing, but I felt like one the other night in week 3 of onramp. I am a big guy with a good amount of weight to lose and they mixed to of my weaknesses together for the wod, 400 M Run and 15 Pushups, 3RFT. Finished well past the last person 10:37 and had to struggle on my knees for my last few pushups, in front of the next class warming up for the 13.3 open wod. I know I shouldn't get down on myself and have determined some weaknesses I need to work on, but it was still hard not to walk out feeling defeated. I have never been last when it came to athletics, but have seen my physical condition, continue to get worse since college football ended. OK, rant over, thanks for listening.
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    When front squatting my coach was urging me go go lower ( I had a horrible range of motion at the time and was not using a target) . I went all the way down...... all the way to the ground. I have also kicked my target out of the way on accident and landed on my rear multiple times while working on wall balls. Fun times....
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Have hit my face with bar a couple times.
    Once failed a back squat but struggled to get bar off my back because it got tangled up in my pony tail.
    eta: Massive fail on 24" box jump. Banged up both shins with some nice bloody gashes.

Biggest fail though is ignoring shoulder pain for 8 months and then find out I have a full thickness rotator cuff tear :/
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    Might not be the fail you guys are describing, but I felt like one the other night in week 3 of onramp. I am a big guy with a good amount of weight to lose and they mixed to of my weaknesses together for the wod, 400 M Run and 15 Pushups, 3RFT. Finished well past the last person 10:37 and had to struggle on my knees for my last few pushups, in front of the next class warming up for the 13.3 open wod. I know I shouldn't get down on myself and have determined some weaknesses I need to work on, but it was still hard not to walk out feeling defeated. I have never been last when it came to athletics, but have seen my physical condition, continue to get worse since college football ended. OK, rant over, thanks for listening.
    Argh - sux you felt bad, when we have someone coming up the rear we end up finishing the WOD with him/her so that we all finish together.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The group was very supportive, it was just one of those tough mental nights. Back tonight to rock it out.
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    Box jump failure this morning. Landed with one foot on the edge and rolled right off the side. Then I got scared and caught my toes twice. So embarrassing. :( But grateful I didn't hurt myself.

I am, however, blaming my new shoes, lol. ;)
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    it's always equipment failure - everyone knows that :)

edit - also grateful you didn't hurt yourself!!!!!