Scadian Feasts/dayboard

Options
NoranaC
NoranaC Posts: 7 Member
What is your strategy to make it through an event without going over your daily calorie goals? All the food is so yummy, and none of it comes with calorie counts. The last even I went to, there was delicious thing at the day board. I think it was meat, but how can you guess how many calories it has?

In my area, there's always a few people at these event that are vegan so there's always vegan options.
Or, maybe budgeting calories through out the week, say a hundred a day, that you "save up" for the feast.
Or bring your own food and snacks, ones that you know are healthy and you know the calorie counts.

What are your strategies?

Replies

• KevinRPlummer
    Options
    budget calories through the week and possibly afterwards... being on a diet is one thing, but you have to be able to enjoy yourself as well....
  • kitchenpenguin
    kitchenpenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If I'm in the kitchen, and I'm usually in the kitchen, then I call it a wash and say that I burned it off from busting hump all day long.

If I'm retaining for the B&B then I'm usually bringing food for the hospitality table so I know what's in it. Otherwise, I try to be smart about my choices...start with protein, avoid the commercial foods that I can get anytime, snack on fruit & nuts, indulge in homemade bread.

We have the unique opportunity to experience some amazing and unusual foods in the SCA. I try to take full advantage of it by pacing myself and averaging my overages over the week's totals.