Setback = injury

Options
kelr0110
kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
Tuesday we had a killer WOD planned and I was really looking forward to it:

10x Squatting burpees
20x Knees to elbow
30x Lateral jumps
40x Weighted walking lunge steps 45#/25#(hold weight overhead)
50m Bear crawl
60x Flutterkicks (4ct)
70x Wallballs 20#/14#
80x Sit ups
90x Push ups
100m sprint

Well I was falling behind quick because I suck at knees to elbow so I tried to go fast on lateral jumps. On the 4th one I felt my left knee pop and pain and then meh. Hobbled into the office and coach hooked me up with an ice pack for 20 mins. I went out and did the flutterkicks, sit ups and most of the pushups, but the knee was throbbing so I left.

I tore my right ACL in 1998 playing hockey, so I know what that feels like...I have ortho today and fearing the worst. It hasn't improved too much since Tuesday. I can put weight on it, so I'm trying to rationalize it's not torn, but I remember when I tore my right ACL I skipped a couple shifts and finished the game actually lol.....so I guess we'll see.

Either way I know I'll come back, but of course this is frustrating - also hockey is a giant part of my life so not being able to play that either stresses me the hell out. I'm thinking I can go back to the box and do some one leg rowing and weights - coach said he would work with me, which I'll probably go back tomorrow after I know what's going on.

On a side note, I'm anxious to see everyone's 13.3 results - good luck on the 30 muscleups...(wtf? lol)

Replies

• madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, hopefully it is not torn again. I have gone through that as well and it is never fun, but if you are dedicated to making progress there are ways to scale workouts around that as well. Good time to work on your pull ups. :) sounds like fun right?
  • kelr0110
    Options
    Thank you I appreciate that :)

Absolutely coach said he would work with me on upper body and core - good stuff!!!
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The good news here, is that you are going to have some killer arms/shoulders by the time your knee is totally healed!
    Here's to a speedy recovery!!!

:drinker:
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Hope you recover soon - injuries suck!
  • kelr0110
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate that :) I ended up popping my kneecap out of place apparently - so no tear thank goodness. Out 3 weeks from hockey and anything besides walking, so i guess ill take it. Going to return to the box tomorrow since the constant pain is subsiding. It is still sliding around a bit and pops in and out - she said it will do that and I have PT exercises to strengthen everything around it.

GUH
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    That is great news, any setback sucks, but I would take that over ACL surgery any day.