13.3 Results

Options
kelr0110
kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
Stealing the idea from last week and creating a results thread - anxious to see how you all do :)

MEN - includes Masters Men up to 54 years old
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
150 Wall balls (20 lbs to 10' target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups

WOMEN - includes Masters Women up to 54 years old
150 Wall balls (14 lbs to 9' target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups

MASTERS MEN - includes Masters Men 55+
150 Wall balls (20 lbs to 9' target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups

MASTERS WOMEN - includes Masters Women 55+
150 Wall balls (10 lbs to 9' target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups

Replies

• kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Practicing muscle ups today tomorrow and saturday like its my job, Result: Will most likely be out of the count on Sunday. boo!
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i cant even imagine that more than "the elite" will make it to the MUs, but i'm going to work on my unbroken DUs like it's my job! reporting back on sunday... :)
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'll be tackling this tomorrow morning at 5:30. The wall balls will be no problem, the double unders I should be able to do doing 3 singles, 1 double, 3 singles one double. Until I hit 90 doubles. The muscle ups hoever...I'm out. I'm hoping to be able to have enough time to complete both the wall balls and du's in full. Good luck everyone. I'll report tomorrow.
  • volleyballnut
    volleyballnut Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, first attempt was terrible! my lower back locked up and only made it to 130 wall balls. Yikes...
    Gonna rest and do this thang again! I know I can do wall balls and double unders!! Not worried about MUs, can't do them, but just getting to them will be success! Check in w ya on Sunday!
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well 13.3 was an epic disaster for me. After an awesome performance on 13.2 (274 reps), I barely finished wall balls in the 12 min, with over 30+ no reps for hitting right at the 9 ft line instead of above it. Yep that's right I had to throw the ball up there over 180 times to finish the 150! I've never wanted to quick during workout so bad in my life!

Unfortunately I'm going out of town and made the last minute decision to do the workout today during open gym despite being pretty sore from heavy workouts the last two days. I think I'm just going to chalk this up to a lesson learned and get back it next week since I don't think this is a workout I want to do twice in 3 days. Hopefully at least 3 of the girls on our team can put up at least 240+ so we have 3 good scores to count.

Good luck to everyone who still has to go! Make sure your reps count :)
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    184 with an 8:23 tiebreak. I might even do it again...especially if I can progress on DUs. I can't link them...so it was DUs with singles...so much wasted energy between the DUs...
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    13.3 was an eyeopener for me. I completed "Karen" back in October (using a 12 lb ball) and finished in 8:35 so I thought for sure I could at least finish the wall balls within 10 minutes and have a few minutes to get a decent amount of doubleunders in.

Boy, was I wrong.

I completely underestimated how bad those wall balls really were... on top of getting No-Repped for throws that were technically high enough but my ball just didnt HIT the wall - I also got out of breath WAY quicker than I anticipated. My lungs were BURNING and even though I felt like my legs/arms could have physically gotten in a few more reps, I found I had to rest in between sets of 3 or sometimes even 2.

I barely finished the 150 wall balls in 11:55 and was able to squeeze in one measely double under for a score of 151.

I was a bit diappointed to say the least considering I have worked hard in the past few months and have recently been able to string together 20-30 doubleunders so I really wanted the opportunity to show them off....
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Darkangeleye- I feel your pain, I finished at 11:56 and didn't even pick up my rope! I too am just getting double unders and actaully rattled off 60 unbroken while warming up! Ugh so frustrating!
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Score: 152 . . . Wall Balls in 11:23 and finshed with 2 double-unders.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I only made it to 110 wall-balls. I normally WOD with an 8-10lb. medicine ball, so the 14lb. ball was a struggle. I'm just glad I made it to at least 100!
  • sragewls
    sragewls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did this same workout about a month ago... and got 240! But last night when I actually was being judged I must have gotten about 20 no reps on the wall ball so I only had about 10 seconds left when I picked up my rope for double unders. I ended up with a score of 158. Needless to say I am doing this over again Saturday :(
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    150 wallballs in 11:20. Then I let the clock run down because I was done (and can't do double-unders).
  • difabu
    Options
    ... on top of getting No-Repped for throws that were technically high enough but my ball just didnt HIT the wall....

This happened at least a dozen times for me. :(
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My gosh this one sounded completely brutal. Since I'm injured and am not able to take a crack at it myself I've been scoping the internetz for videos and have only found one so far. The guy took almost the entire time doing the wall balls....holy moley that is a lot of work and if it's no repped like many of you have said that can be discouraging.

Huge props to you all for going at it! :)
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This was horrible. I was feeling pretty good about myself last week, but wallballs are my nemesis. I think I just don't have the coordination down yet. I got 108, plus a good 20-30 no-reps. I'm mostly upset about how badly my form broke down at the end... knees going every which way in the squat and basically hurling that damn ball up at the target.

Plus the ball actually hit me in the face once, somewhere in the first 20. That was pretty demoralizing. :grumble:

On the up side, I'm actually looking forward to 13.4 now, because it really can't get any worse!
  • difabu
    Options
    A little bit of 13.3 levity from my box. ;)

these-wall-ball-targets-are-too-damn-high-300x258-Ti.jpg
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ! Here I have butterflies in my stomach about doing this WOD on Sunday and see this thread. I was hoping for some encouraging stories here but it sounds like everyone got their *kitten* handed to them. Sheeh...
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    161 total reps comlpeted. However I got no repped quite a few times when the ball was high enough...it just didn't hit the wall. Gah!!! So frustrating. But, it's done and in the books, and I had about 45 seconds to do the double unders...which are not my favorite thing. 3 singles to 1 double. Great job everyone!
  • difabu
    Options
    Wanted to share an observation from my 6 a.m. session yesterday when we did 13.3, but maybe this applies to the Open or WODs generally. Anywho....our session was all women. We noticed that when "No rep" was said, it instantly ruined the person's rhythm. It was a demotivator and increased frustration. The person usually stopped/paused and started thinking about it too much. But if the person counting said, "Higher" when the ball wasn't high enough or "Lower" when the person didn't get past parallel, they knew it was a no-rep and just kept on going, better on the next one. We all compared notes and decided we got more reps in when we weren't jarred out of the game mentally with that demoralizing" No rep!"
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    A little bit of 13.3 levity from my box. ;)

these-wall-ball-targets-are-too-damn-high-300x258-Ti.jpg

Love this!!!