Should I reset my ticker postpartum?

Options
beezbee
beezbee Posts: 87 Member
I gained a total of 40 lbs during my pregnancy, after having lost 18lbs since joining MFP. I've lost 20lbs in the 3 weeks since birth, but I'm still above my starting weight. Somebody on my FL suggested I reset my ticker, as my status updates only say that I've lost x lbs, but not how much I've lost in total (as the ticker counts from the starting weight). What did you do?

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I lost 82 before getting pregnant again. I haven't adjusted my weight in MFP (so it still thinks I weigh what my low was), but I deactivated my ticker. I plan on resetting it once I'm cleared for exercise, though it's tempting to leave my starting weight at what it was in March 2011 when I joined, since I'll surely be below that!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think I'll re-set my ticker once I get cleared for exercise as well. I'm considering that my starting point to get back to where I was and hopefully even better!
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's very helpful! I'll use my 6 week checkup as a starting point. That also seems to coincide with the end of "automatic" postpartum weight loss; ie when the real work begins...
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's very helpful! I'll use my 6 week checkup as a starting point. That also seems to coincide with the end of "automatic" postpartum weight loss; ie when the real work begins...

Yeah, I have to agree with that last statement!