OH noooo! I went to the store hungry! 3/21

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey don't do it! I have done it and bought some very interesting items! Things I know I never would have if I was satisfied!
check this out!
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-shopping-list-for-beginners/

It doesn't have to be clean eating but just a nice list so you can simply cross off! Now how about them apples!! oh yeah...I need apples too! LOL!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Tsk tsk tsk!

I do it all the time. I end up buying jalapeno cheddar focaccia... ( -_-)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    For me its less of the hunger factor and more of the "I'm mad at my wife for making me go to the store for her lazy *kitten*" candy bars.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I never go to the food store hungry!!!! Yikes
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Oh - I just discovered that website the other day off Pinterest. I printed their Costco Shopping List. I perfer to go to Costco after the dinner hour when they are not serving all their 'try this' stuff.

Lately - we tend to skip almost the entire store - meat, veggies and cheese and we are out of there. And now King Soopers is changing the layout. They are getting smart those sneaky store managers. ALL the drink stuff is in one place and you have to walk by the chips and cookie asle to get to it - on the opposite side of the store from the veggies. I like to buy my True Lime Black Cherry Limeade packets for my water and my son loves the MILO stuff - his fave is the orange tangerine tang like version. We have been very good and not bought the stuff we aren't eating. Sure is tempting though. A York Peppermint patty here or there. And chips - I LOVE kettle chips. And it's absolutely evil that they bake french bread just at dinner rush time and if you are walking in the store then, that smell hits you like a ton of bricks at the front door. Many a day my husband would come home with fresh, white french bread and garlic butter. Oh, yes, that's just evil. Oh - never go shopping hungry. We always walked out with way more then we should and often little treats add up to big health busts.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am bad shopping even when I am not starving but heaven have mercy when I am famished. Now I know why they smile and greet me by name. They get happy when they see me coming.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Tsk tsk tsk!

I do it all the time. I end up buying jalapeno cheddar focaccia... ( -_-)

LOOOOOL! I love the face!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I am bad shopping even when I am not starving but heaven have mercy when I am famished. Now I know why they smile and greet me by name. They get happy when they see me coming.

That is why I posted the listing to CHALLENGE us all to stick to our healthy foods list and make it out unscathed! LOL! I hope at least! Print it out you guys and put on refigerator!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    For me its less of the hunger factor and more of the "I'm mad at my wife for making me go to the store for her lazy *kitten*" candy bars.
    Why not say "no"?!?!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    {hangs head} I do this every week, BUT I can explain. Here's how it goes:
    I make a list over the course of the week as I run out of things (or if I find a new recipe I want to try, I make sure the items I don't have are on a separate part of my list with a note that they are for a specific recipe so I don't wonder why I have some strange thing on my list that I never buy)
    On Sunday morning I get up, pull the coupons out of the paper and get the ones I need (either for that week or for items I buy regularly when I run out)
    Get dressed
    Go to store
    I can't eat within the first few hours that I'm up (I get sick if I do, I mainly drink water or iced tea during those first few hours, I guess I need to rehydrate before I can eat) so I get a bottle of the ICE water (flavored water, no calories) and drink that while I'm shopping.
    I rarely stray from my list, unless there is a sale on my staple items (like chicken breasts, toilet paper, paper towels, frozen veggies, ect) then I go home and make breakfast after I put my groceries away.
    HOWEVER, if I have a week that I don't go on Sunday morning, and I go after work, I must eat before I go (and even then, it doesn't always help) or I will buy the store out
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Why not say "no"?!?!

It's not the most balanced of marriages.
  • cherryqb
    cherryqb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is one thing I am still learning! I'm getting better at though! The problem is going with my boyfriend who grabs anything!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Why not say "no"?!?!

It's not the most balanced of marriages.

OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    That is one thing I am still learning! I'm getting better at though! The problem is going with my boyfriend who grabs anything!

Can you tell him "you stay in the car...I will put the window down for you." LOL! I could not resist! Lord that is like when I go shopping with my brother when he comes to visit...we fuss the whole time we in the store!