March 21, 2013

espi180
espi180 Posts: 80 Member
1 Peter 5:8

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

I was reminded of this scripture today as I read a quote by John Eldrege. "The story of your life is the story of the long and brutal assault on your heart by the one who knows what you could be and fears it."

Our enemies knows what we could be... and they fear it! How many people do we know that fight to keep us down, hold us back, remind us of every failure we ever had. Those people are too numerous to count!

You have to accept the negativity in this world. It's not going anywhere. What we don't have to accept is the destructive ability of that negativity. It seeks to destroy us! Misery truly does love company. When we move forward, those determined to keep us down, with them I might add, fight hard to do so.

In spiritual terms, the enemy seeks to separate us from our Father. How precious is His love, His mercy, His grace! But even in the greatness of God Himself... we are reminded to be watchful. Our weakness in this flesh will bring us down, and fast!

Our diligence in being aware of that which desires to separate us from the great task at hand will catapult us towards our success in this life, in our goals, and in our relationship with the Father.