Body Combat

Options
Just bought and started Body Combat? Has anyone else done this? What results did you have? I am loving it so far!! Did you just do this or did you add other workouts in? Looking for a workout plan to get me the best results. Im 5'8 133 and I want to get a lot more toned. :)

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I completed the 60 day program back on 14 February. (I pre-ordered) and started the first Monday after it was delivered. :)
    I LOVED it!! It is by far my favorite program of all that I have completed. (Tried P90X, completed Insanity, Les Mills Pump and Combat and I'm presently doing Body Beast)
    I got some great results. I was at a weight stoppage when I started Combat. I broke through that plateau and even got 5 lbs below my goal weight by the end. I lost inches on legs, waist and chest and I actually gained inches in my arms. There are some wieght programs (upper body blow out and HIIT Power) that have you use weights and it was awesome for toning my arms. Because of the learning curve with the moves, combos and transitions, you might not see outstanding results in the first month. But, like Insanity, Month 2 will get you the results. You'll know the routines and moves and you'll be able to push it harder.
    I only did Combat for the 60 days, no other programs. When my 60 was up, I still kept doing the routines for another month just because I enjoyed them so much. Now that I've started another program, I'm not doing it, but since tomorrow is my rest day, I'm strongly considering revisiting Combat 60 Live. My "Combat" t-shirt just arrived in the mail yesterday for completing the program and it got me all stoked about it again..
    You will not regret finishing this program. Good luck with it!!
    **Dale**
  • ambr1305
    ambr1305 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you!! Ive almost completed my first week and I love it. I will post my results at the end of 60 days and then 90. Would you recommend P90x and Insanity or Pump? Im looking to get much more defined. :)
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My opinion only:
    For definition, I would look more at Pump or P90X than Insanity. Insanity is about 95% cardio with some body weight resistance training in it. For real muscle growth and definition I would look at actual weight lifting programs. Pump is lower weights with high reps. (In Pump Revolution, you do about 800 reps in a 55 minute program) but you do use lighter weights. (35 lb max is what comes with the set, but can always ad more) P90X has cardio, but mostly weight training. It's a very good all around program.
    One thing to consider is equipment: Pump comes with everything you will need to complete the program. The bar, the weights all come with the program. And, if you get the super-duper deluxe version, you get the step and extra DVD's also. P90X comes with the DVD's. You will need to purchase (if you don't have them alread) dumbbells and chin up bar, and resistance bands. It's been a long time since I tried P90X and I don't remember much about equipment, but I know I didn't have everything it trook to complete it. That's why I ended up getting Insanity and finishing it because it needed no equipment. Now, if you have everything already, then forget what i just said about equipment. :)
    Hope this helps a bit..
    **Dale**
  • ambr1305
    ambr1305 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you, it does help! I think i will definitely order the pump set. I took that class before and I loved it. Maybe p90x after that (no chin up bar). :)
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Combat! I have 2 wks left. I've shed inches off my thighs & stomach, my 2 problem areas. My arms were already pretty cut from Insanity, but they're more cut now & my shoulders look great. Can't wait to rock tank tops for the first time ever this summer. Have fun!