Potty Training- Regressing?!

Options
stellcorb
stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
Hey Ladies,
For those of you who have toddlers... question for you. My son is almost 3 and a half and started potty trainging on Christmas Eve. Since then he was only in pullups for about 2 weeks and then went to underwear even at night. He only had 2 little accidents... until this week. This week he's had 4 accidents! Only at home too... he goes to a babysitter all day and she hasn't had any issues with him... but Monday he was awake in bed and went, Tuesday and Wednesday it was after my husband brought him home from daycare and this morning he pooped his pants standing right outside the bathroom! I caught him grunting. The babysitter said boys can regress sometimes... but I can't help but feel its deliberate and he's actiing out. I could understand more if he was sleeping or playing w/ friends... but that's not when it happens. We've been under alot of stress lately b/c I've been on crutches since my hip arthroscopy on Feb 26th (only 2 more weeks.. ugh!) so my husband has had to do alot and our family routine has been thrown out of wack. Nora is 9mos old so I don't think its a new baby thing... I'm just not sure what to do.
I feel bad that I lost my temper w/ him this morning and scolded him (I was by myself w/ both kids and crutches, but still no excuse)... but I'm not sure how to deal with it... do I punish him... ignore it... encourage him?
Sorry for the novel, but I was hoping some of you ladies have some advice on this.:flowerforyou: