Amusing story

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I was to dinner with a friend the other night and ran into a woman I knew for years. I used to babysit her twins--they are 18 now--girl is in college, boy is in boot camp for the Navy. So, she proceeds to ask me about dating--she divorced a few years ago and knew I had also divorced.....

We start talking about POF, and she tells me that when she first divorced, her goal was to have 50 First Dates.......she was going on 5 first dates/week--Thurs. night, Fri. night, Sat. night and 2 on Sunday -- how she did that I have no idea!! So, she says now she has slowed down......but a few weeks ago, she met a guy, and for a first date he flew her to meet him Ft. Lauderdale for 4 days, they had a grand time (according to her), and then she says he sent her roses with " I love you" on them, and the next day she went online in the morning and he was there on POF and she FREAKED
now she told me she freaked......and was really upset that he was there, and all I kept thinking, but why was it ok that YOU were there????????? She says she really gets mad when she goes on any date and then sees them the next day online........ummmm.....she is online, too. She asked if I get upset when that happens--I said it depends on the connection, and the two that I may have been disapointed were the 2 that went into relationships........and they told me on date 2 that they were only "one woman men", so her response to that was ....."I only meet serial daters" and I wanted to say "oh, like you?"

Woman is a bit crazy...this is one I feel for the guys---AND her pic.......is THE BEST pic I have ever seen of her---it is her, but an amazing pic--not altered--just very flattering so get when people get upset about pics not looking like person........

just some amusement for Friday afternoon..........

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think that's a case of attracting what you are offering if that makes sense...
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Also, if she's accepting a flight for a first date....it's a booty call and should be thought of as nothing less. Honestly, he paid for her trip without meeting her. How many other women does he do this for? She's a fruitcake (no offense).....
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Also, if she's accepting a flight for a first date....it's a booty call and should be thought of as nothing less. Honestly, he paid for her trip without meeting her. How many other women does he do this for? She's a fruitcake (no offense).....

None taken...I agree with you and I kinda think she is bat sh** crazy!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect anyone to drop their online dating profile after 1 date, and neither would I.
    I don't take mine down until I know something is established, but if I sense it is going somewhere I tend to forgot about it - but it still is there, I just haven't signed in/responded to msgs, etc. .

So if I saw a guy online the next day or week or month for that matter, he has every right unless he has asked me to be exclusive, no? I don't know, I don't commit to a guy after 1 date.

Secondly, she let him pay for her to fly somewhere for someone she has never met???? That is just off the wall, screwed up.
    WOW! He isn't sane, nor is she.