Smaller increments

Options
nexangelus
nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
What a freaking dodo I am!

I bought some absolutely amazing (as I found out today when rooting through my gym stuff in the corner of the bedroom) ankle/wrist weights to use as smaller increments for putting on the bar for heavy lifts...um, they are amazing because they are 300g increments up to 1.5 kg (five pockets with the 300g weights inside, think it is sand or something similar?)

WOW! They have been sitting there for about a year now...I had the 1 kg ones which I often use, but these....oh my! Progress on the upper body lifts here we come!!! Watch this space, have already smashed my PRs for the squat, row and deadlift.

They were cheap things I got in the sporty section of a local supermarket.

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    That's actually a really good idea! I looked at my sports store and saw no smaller plates than 500 g, which my gym already has. I'll go back and look at the ankle weights!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea. I almost bought a set of ankle and wrist weights at my local Aldi a few weeks ago, but I couldn't really think if I would really use them, so I left them. Now I think I will go back and see if they're still there. They were $10 at the time--I think a set of 1 and 2 lbs weights. I'd have to see if I'd be able to wrap it around the end of the bar to make it work.