Curl... 1, 2, 3, no..not cheese curls silly! :D 3/23

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SoGXiHDJx4

Hey a simple but still challenge today! Bicep curls and yes ladies I want you to do them! You will not develop big arms. We are looking for toned arms remember? Not just Mushy arms! Beside you 'biceps curl' when you pick up kids, laundry basket and groceries! HA!
Men....I already know you do!
But how to do them effectively! You do not have to use a heavy weight but one that gives you a challenge at the end of your reps.
Do 3 sets of 8-12. AND NO SWINGING! DO not use momentum! Notice when you do these you use your abds to stabilize!

Note you can do these at commercials watching TV.

Peace out,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Okay we will see how this goes for me today. For the passed two days I have not been able to complete my 20 Second Fitness (which is only 8-12 minutes) because of my kids fighting. Interesting grip and bicep curl, to me it looks like it might hurt my wrist.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Might as well give it a go, not getting to do any other regular exercise today because of ankle (although hoping that can at least get out and walk tomorrow before it rains just to do something)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this is a little encouraging for all of you ladies here.

Most guys actually like girls/women with toned, muscular bodies, including the arms. You're not going to end up looking like a bodybuilder unless you're going to insane extremes, lifting 100lb dumbells, etc. You'll be getting shapely arms.
  • cherryqb
    cherryqb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bicep curls are one of my favorites!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mr AAk you always know how to encourage us!!!!!!

I actually did this at the gym...I purposely didn't choose a heavy weight because I wanted to get the technique down first. I like it and yes you can feel it and it didn't hurt my wrists Ms Lisa! Raaaah!
    I did these with the other video we all were to try http://www.oxygenmag.com/Training/Articles/Triceps-Circuit.aspx and I got a good arm workout today!

Did anyone else try?
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Interesting. We just did biceps and flys this week in tabata. But tonight, I did biceps by curling my 19 lb dog off the floor during his tug a war battle with me. I hope that counts.