3 Days a Week or Every Other Day?

Options
Dancerten
Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
I've been doing my lifting on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule, but it leaves me a little bored on the weekends... Is that extra day off really essential, or can I just lift every other day sequentially? So instead of M/W/F, M/W/F, M/W/F, I would lift M/W/F/Su/T/Th/Sa/M/W/F... and so on.

Thanks!

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    You can lift every other day if your body can handle the recovery. Some people can and some people can't. Good luck!:smile:
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I do SL M/W/Sat per the schedule, run T/Thu/Sat, and do Yoga on Friday or Sunday so I usually only get 1 rest day and workout twice on Saturday. Keeps it interesting.

I think you can do whatever you want as long as you take 1 day off of SL in between.
  • Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    Yes you can do your workout every other day. The M/W/F thing is just more convenient for most people's schedule.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I lift Mon/Thur/Sat
    Run Tue/Fri/Sun
    Wed are rest
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I just started doing SL every other day and I'm having no problems with it. Totally depends on your recovery. I also follow my lifting with some light cardio and do yoga on non lifting days....usually taking 1 rest day/week or maybe 2 if I feel like I need it.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll go with the every other day until I start getting into the really heavy sets. Thanks again for all the feedback!