Introduction and a question...

Hello! I am new to the group. My baby is 9 months old and eats solids four times a day but she nurses 5 times during the day and 3-4 times at night. She loves boobs. I eat a base of 2150 calories a day, do an easy workout 4-5 times a week (mostly long walks) and have lost on average a pound a week since mid January.

It's not hard to eat this many calories but I've noticed when I don't have pretty densely nutritious of my meals, I feel run down. Do any of you have go-to meals and snacks that you care to share? Thanks!

Replies

• dinomomma
    dinomomma Posts: 264 Member
    I have a salad and baked potato for lunch most days, the salad has avocado, spinach, peppers, black bean patty. I have started to add couscous instead of the potato and that is SUPER filling.
    Snacks-granola bars, cereal, fruit, hummus pita and cucumber.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Hi! I'm eating roughly the same amount of calories.

My requirement for breakfast, lunch, and snacks is that I can prepare them fast. I tend to eat the same things over and over, like:

Breakfast: oatmeal with chia seeds, turkey sausages.

Lunch: turkey sandwich with avocado

Snacks: almonds, Greek yogurt, cheese and crackers, smoothies.

I usually manage something more elaborate for dinner, but I am in agreement with you that healthier foods leave you feeling better. I think it makes higher quality milk, too.
  • Yes, I eat the same things over and over.

Breakfast tends to be scrambled eggs and toast.

Lunch is often tortellini (my daughter loves them) and a little meat and veg.

Dinner tends to be a toss up.

I love having a glass of wine at night but find I feel super crappy over night/the next morning with even a little bit of booze. I think I just need to use every calorie for nutritious purposes!