Our new group

Options
I would love to hear from my new friends,as I started this new group. Welcome!

Replies

• SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea, thanks for posting it! :) I've had trouble with emotional eating and binge eating my whole life, but finding support from other people online has really helped so far!
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    So nice to hear from you. I have invited a bunch of new friends,so keep coming back. Soon,I am going to ask for some topics we can all discuss.Welcome!
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a great support group. We can share with each other what works for us to cope with emotional eating.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is a great group to start. Thank u!!!! I have been having so much of an issue.
  • Jannie75Y
    Jannie75Y Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you for offering this group. It's so evident to me how much my weight is played on how I feel. This is my first attempt to monitor my caloric intake to lose the pounds. It is also my first effort to train at a gym. There is a saying that change is good and this IS real change for me.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group and for inviting me! It came at just the right time. Hubby will be leaving for a month to visit some family. Last time he did that I got so sad and lonely that I ate an entire large stuffed Papa Murphy's pizza all by myself. It wasn't pretty. It'll be nice to have a little extra support :)

Good luck to you all :)
  • LBraunle
    LBraunle Posts: 31
    Options
    I think this is a great idea. I see alot of talk about fitness and what to eat and what not to eat on this site, but I haven't ran into much support with "emotional eating" or any of that sort. Not much talk about why we got to where we are unless of course its about losing the weight. Count me in this should be good.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Interested in joining this group....
    After meeting with a registered dietitian/certified diabeties counselor --- it became very evident that I have food issues.
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group. This is something I have struggled with since I was a little girl. I am working on finding better ways to cope with difficult emotions that don't involve food. Its definitely a journey, and so worth it at the end of the day.

One day at time.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    H my name is Katie. thank you for starting this group. I am taking a 60 day course on my undereating/ occassional binge eating. I have used food to substitute my feelings. this group is an added tool to help me. everyone here can add me. I agree with the other lady its nice to have a place to talk about these issues without the forums or feeling judged
  • SpenceandAubsMom
    Options
    This a great tool that I feel has been lacking in my previous attempts to lose the weight. My husband is so supportive with the healthy eating changes I am making in the house, but he just doesn't understand the mental and emotional parts of my food issues because he doesn't have them. It will be a great place to share the struggle and learn from your experience with successes you have had! :)
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group. This really is the area that is missing on MFP. I'm looking forward to getting to know and support everyone here. I think this is the missing link to my success.
  • rosetru
    rosetru Posts: 1
    Options
    I am hoping that by joining a discussion group, I will add a reason to keep coming back to this place. Emotional eating runs in the family and too many times, a few extra drinks and a few extra bites keeps the unhappiness away. My eldest daughter is an anorexic bulemic, and my youngest is a big binge eater. My husband is finding other things to do than spend time with his family. Just a lot of unhappiness here.
  • gaelicgal70
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group! I think it's an invaluable addition to MFP. :)
    Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

:flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    same to you as well everyone
  • gaelicgal70
    Options
    Ack! I'm moving to the city at the end of April. Long story short, I found out today that I may have to move in a week! My last day of work is tomorrow, but... ACK! Panic is setting in. Emotional eating sounds so lovely right now, just to calm down. My brain is talking to itself. LOL.
  • pasofan
    pasofan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this group!!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Hello,all. I am sorry I didn't see these original post. I welcome you all and look forward to hearing from you. If you have a subject you need some support and encouragement from our members,or just need to vent,please post. We can only get better if we let go of what is holding us in bondage. Sometimes,life can go along fairly smoothly,and diet is ok,but when I am confronted with an anxiety,stressful event,the first place I tend to run to,is food. I am trying to exercise,when I am stressed,which is helping. Any ideas?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My new plan will be put to the test starting tomorrow when Hubby leaves! When I'm feeling stressed or down, I'm going to make a conscious effort to either clean the house or go play outside in the dirt.... hopefully that'll keep me out of the refrigerator (unless I'm cleaning it). We bought a house a couple of years ago and I discovered that I :heart: yard work. Exercise is a good idea too, I'll have to keep it in mind.

I used to clean all the time whenever I was upset. Hopefully I can get to that again. I would do it so much that when something needed cleaning, Hubby would ask if I was upset about something, lol.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    That has to be hard when your hubby leaves. Do you have support,when he is gone? I just joined a local group called H.E.L.P.(help everyone lose pounds). It's just getting off the ground,but think it helps just being around others that are trying to get healthy. When I am anxious or depressed,I have a tendency to isolate,which makes me more prone to binge. I am semi-retired,and don't get as much social interaction as I used to. Sometimes,I just have to make myself,get out of the house,and exercise,and when I do that,I feel so much better. Hope you are having a nice day! Good to hear from you.